Daenerys x Reader: Small Matters

Request: Can you write a Daenerys x Reader where they're a couple, and we see a very jealous Dany, when she realizes Sansa has a thing for her gf and has been trying to get a little to close to her? Please? :)

Warnings: None.

Pairing: Daenerys x Reader

A/n: Since there weren't a lot of specifics asked, I decided to fill in a few blanks. Such as this obviously being in season eight, Before the battle of Winterfell. And being this a Daenerys x Reader, her relationship with Jon is strictly platonic. 

***

The cold was not something you nor Daenerys could get used to. You'd seen snow cold before, been cold before, but nothing like this. And it was obvious why. No one would stop talking about it.

In her new role defending Winterfell, Daenerys was very often busy. Meaning you had a lot of time to yourself and with other people that weren't too important in the battle plans. As much as you wanted to fight, Dany insisted you stay in the crypts. So for now you spent the rest of your time with either Sansa or Tyrion.

"Come here, I've missed you." Daenerys said as the two of you drank wine in her room. It had been a long day for the both of you.

You smiled gleefully and slid from your chair into her lap, wrapping your arms around her neck. She always smelt so wonderful. "Your hair is so soft." You murmured into her neck, while running your fingers through the parts of her hair that wasn't braided. It was one of the small things you did to comfort yourself.

"What is it you do all day, when I'm not here?" She asked and gently traced her fingers from your temple to your cheek.

"Mostly I spend my time talking to people. Roaming around, missing the simpler times."

"What times?" She mused and you could tell she was smiling.

"When it was just you and me, the only thing on our minds being you taking your throne back. Now we're fighting an army of dead men. The people here are somehow divided, untrusting of us. Sansa,"

She hushed you and kissed the top of your head. "I know." There was sadness in her voice and you knew she too longed for those days as well. Defeating her enemies with ease. "Just enjoy these moments with me, won't you? It's the only thing promised."

***

You and Sansa found yourselves sitting in front of a fire one morning, eating what little was provided and talking about small things.

"You liked those too?" She smiled as you talked about lemon cakes.

"Of course I did. They were my favorite growing up." You sighed with a grin, remembering how good they tasted. "I would kill for one. Just one. With the mint leaves on top, the lemon juice practically dripping off."

"Oh stop." She groaned and shifted in her chair, taking a bite of bread. "What else?"

"What else?" You questioned as you stirred your soup.

"Childhood simplicities. Things that made growing up easier."

You thought back to your childhood and hummed. "I miss playing in the woods. We had this garden when I was a child, full of beautiful flowers. Different colored roses. I would go out there every morning and pick beautiful bouquets for my parents. One for their room, one for mine, the dining hall, even for the cooks. They loved when I'd bring them flowers."

Sansa looked at you and found herself for once calm. She took a second to scoot her chair closer to yours, pulling her furs tighter around her. "I remember when I was younger I'd take such pride in my needle work. I'd make things for my mother and father."

"Oh, did you?" You took in a spoonful of soup and tried to savor it. "Were they good?"

"Of course they were good." She joked with a teasing smile on her lips. "Maybe I could make something for you."

That caught you by surprise. "What would you make?"

"Your house sigil?"

Before you could answer you heard someone clearing their throat. You looked away from Sansa to see Dany standing in the doorway, a look on her face you hadn't seen many times before. Jealousy blown pupils and tight lips.

"Dany!" You smiled and stood up, the fur blanket falling from your lap. "What-"

"Can I speak to you alone please?" She cut you off.

Sansa looked between you and Daenerys before sighing and standing. "Your grace." She said curtly. "My lady."

Only after she left did Daenerys speak. But it wasn't much. "She was friendly, wasn't she?"

You knew what she was getting at. "Dany, I would never."

"I know you would never." Her voice was firm, how she'd talk to people who displeased her. But you hadn't done so, had you? "But it doesn't mean she won't try."

You knew there was tension between the two women. For silly reasons. You wanted nothing less than to be dragged into the middle of it.

"She may try, but it doesn't mean anything." You smiled at her in an attempt to calm her. "Come sit with me, please."

As she walked over to you, you could tell her anger was fading. Anyone in her position would be angry. She's dealing with so much, and now she has to worry about someone getting too close to you? The one thing in her life that was good and pure?

"You've seen countless people try to do the same. And what has happened every single time?"

She sat down in the chair Sansa was in and you realized how close the Stark had moved it. "Nothing."

"Exactly. Nothing has happened, and nothing ever will. I love you, Dany." You took her hand in yours and looked her in the eyes.

And there she was. Calm and warm again. "And I love you."

For a moment you didn't care about anything else. All that mattered was her.