imagine Fili falling in love with you despite being a mute

You are a female dwarf who is on the journey to take back Erebor but there's only one problem... you're a mute.

(The song at the top is what Fili is humming to get you to sleep except imagine the voice softer :)
______

I sit on the log beside the fire looking around at the dwarves just watching over them. I then catch myself looking at Fili for too long, I guess you could say I have a crush on him, the way he talks is enough to make my heart skip a few beats, but I know nothing could ever happen between us since I'm a mute, I believe men like girls who can talk right?... well actually, I can talk I just choose not to, although it was a way for me to come up with a new way of communicating... but it hasn't happened yet. No one knows why I am mute, the only person who knows the full story is Gandalf (except for my pony). I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice someone standing in front of me. "Hey, y/n mind if I sit?" Fili asks and I shrug. He smiles and sits next to me. I sigh silently but Fili breaks the silence. "You know, I have never met a mute dwarf before... or a mute anything for that matter," he says and I look at him with a slight smile, it means I am interested in something. I motion for him to continue and he smiles before continuing. "It is a rare thing I would imagine, but for a dwarf, it's almost impossible, so I doubt you have met many like yourself". I shake my head meaning I haven't met anyone like me before. I look at my hands that are now placed on the log from listening to Fili. I then hear the screeching of orcs in the distance, they are a few miles away but I still jump at the sudden noise, since they are part of the reason I am mute and Fili seems to have noticed my tension. "Y/n?" I hear and I snap my head up at his confused face. I hear the screeching again so I jump... again. "Y/n are you okay? What's wrong?" He asks softly. I shake my head before standing up and run into the forest, which I admit was stupid but... Fili got a bit too close to me and I was on edge from hearing the orcs.

I sit at the bottom of a tree to calm myself down, but nothing helps as I let tears slip from my eyes. I then hear my name being called so I look up just to see Fili appear and drop to his knees in front of me. "Y/n, don't ever do that again, what were you thinking? Everyone is worried" he says before noticing my tear-stained face. He sighs and when he speaks again his voice had changed, nothing like roughness it just was... it is soft and almost calming. "Y/n, what's wrong? Why did you run?" He asks and I sigh waiting for him to remember that I am mute. He notices and takes something out of his pocket and gives it to me. It's a small notebook and then he gives me a quill. I open the book and see the blank pages inside. I take the quill and start writing an explanation.

(Italics is what she writes)

I'm sorry I ran away, I just got scared when I heard orcs, although they were far away. They are one of the reasons I am mute.

I give him the book and he reads it then after he is done he looks up at me. "What did they do to you?" He asks cautiously, knowing it's a touchy subject. I take the book back and write what they did.

When I was younger, my father took me out on a hunting trip, but we were ambushed by orcs and he couldn't fight them himself, there were too many of them. Eventually, they killed him right in front of me and took me, hostage. I didn't have anyone by this point since my mother left me and my father when I was a child. For about four years, the orcs kept me and they were allowed to do anything they wanted with me. They chained me up to a wall with three wargs watching my every move so I couldn't escape. They tortured me, cut me, whipped me, burned me I had lost the will to live by this point, I was so used to the beatings that I no longer felt pain when they struck me. The only thing they didn't do was rape me, which I am thankful for. That's when Gandalf decided to find the orc's camp and he saved me. Since then the wizard took me in, healed me as much as he could and took care of me until I was old enough to fend for myself. I have been mute since my father was killed in front of me, I decided then I could no longer trust anyone from the evil world around me, especially orcs. Gandalf is the only one who knows my full story, and now you do too.