Imagine being in an arranged marriage with Fili

"What?!" I shout at my parents. "Darling, calm down it's for the good of the kingdom". "The good of the kingdom? What about the good of me? I didn't sign up for this, I'm not ready for marriage dad," I say. "Come now, we know you might not feel like it, but you are, believe us you're ready," mum says. I sigh "fine, but I refuse to like him and I don't care how nice he is or how handsome he is or how much he brightens up my day, I refuse to love him," I say walking out of the palace office and to my room. Okay, let me fill you in on what's going on. My dad and Thorin king of Erebor made a decision together to arrange a marriage between me and his oldest nephew Fili to connect the two races. I am half-dwarf, half-human. My mum is human and my dad is a dwarf, funnily enough, he grew up in Erebor alongside Thorin, so they have known each other for years. I don't want to marry anyone yet, I don't think I'm ready... I'm only 19 in human years. I want to go on adventures and have fun with my life while I still have the chance, but unfortunately for me, life isn't that easy and I am in an arranged marriage. My grandfather lives in Erebor, so maybe that part won't be so bad. My dad said he has met Fili and thinks he's perfect for me. Charming, sweet and loyal he described the prince as. I shake my head. I still can't believe I'm in an arranged marriage...

I hear a soft knock on my door. "Come in," I say and the door opens revealing my mother. She sits on my bed beside me after closing the door. "Mum, I... I can't do this, I'm not ready to marry" I say and she sighs shaking her head. "Yes, you can y/n... you know me and your dad were in an arranged marriage and look how we turned out," she says. "I know... but that's you, I don't want love I want adventure and freedom, not stuck in a mountain with a prince I don't even know," I say. She smiles "sometimes you can find adventure in love, especially with Fili... he's always up for a good challenge so I bet you'll possibly get the best adventure you will ever experience in your life". "Really? He likes adventures too?" I ask and she smiles nodding "in fact, he will have just come back from one when you arrive at Erebor tomorrow". I huff "that doesn't change anything". She sighs but smiles nonetheless "you're so difficult". "Come on, let's get you ready for your journey," she says heading to my wardrobe, which by the way has no dresses. I can't stand them. She sighs and starts packing my clothes, a blanket, a spare dagger and a water flask. "That's all you will need since it's only a four-day journey from here but they will provide you with whatever you need when you are over there" she explains and I nod. I see tears in her eyes. "Oh, my sweet little girl is growing up," she says hugging me. "Wait, tears start tomorrow mum," I say and she smiles, pulling away to look at me. "I know, but we'll make an exception for now," she says. I smile "alright, I won't tell anyone". "Alright, get some sleep darling... you have a long day tomorrow, followed by a very busy few months," she says and I nod as she leaves my room. I quickly get changed into nightwear and climb into bed. I silently cry myself to sleep, crying because I have to leave my parents who I love more than anything.

The next morning

I woke up early to get ready for the journey. I put on my journeying outfit before grabbing my pack and heading downstairs where everyone is waiting for me. I go over to greeting grandfather first. "Hello Adad" (Adad is dwarvish for grandfather. The real name for it is ugmil' adad but I shortened it to Adad, it sounds better) he turns around. "Hello, my dear y/n, how have you been?" He says and I sigh shrugging "good as it can get in this situation". He chuckles "alright, meet me with your pony in about an hour so you can say goodbye". He takes my bag for me before I go over to my mum and dad. Mum is the first to hug me. "I love you so much sweetie, I want you to know that you can come to me for anything, advice or... if you decide that you do love him, anything and I want you to remember to be strong, I know it's hard but you'll get used to it, don't get too nervous okay? And we'll visit as often as we can" she says through her tears. I pull away with my arms still around her. "Don't leave me there for too long by myself mum" I whisper and she chuckles "never". "No matter what I say I need you for everything" I say and she nods "I'll be there for everything". I give her another hug whispering a thank you in her ear. Dad hugs me next. "You're so brave, my darling but at least give Fili a chance, you never know he might just surprise you. I know you can get through this nervous stage, you just need a little help and I know exactly who will help you, as well as me and your mother of course" he says and I chuckle. "Thanks dad, I love you" I reply. "I love you too, darling". I kiss his cheek before he releases me and I sigh. Mum still has tears streaming down her face. I smile slightly "I love you guys, bye". I walk out of the palace and to the stables. I get my pony, Storm and stroke his nose gently. "Morning boy, up for a ride?" I ask and he nuzzles me which I assume is a yes so I put his saddle and reigns on. I lead him out of the stable after giving him an apple for his breakfast. I jump up and sit in the saddle. I give Storm a small nudge to the side and he starts moving at a walking pace. I look around to see my Adad by the path leading into the forest so I trotted over to him. "Are you ready?" He asks and I nod "yes". "Come on then, it's a four-day journey," he says and I follow him into the forest.