Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The lights swirled and the beat of the music was pulsing through the speakers of the club. The song playing was the dubstep version of Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Rey. Tom had insisted Nick go clubbing with him and wouldn't take no for an answer. Nick and Tom had met a girl, and her sister at the club. Myrtle was new to Nick but certainly not to Tom. She had brought her sister, Catherine, who was clutching to Nick.

I'm not so sure about this, Nick thought as he pulled away from her only to be pulled back.

"DRINK!" she yelled into his ear as she poured the liquid down his throat. It had burned, but he loved the state. Tom and Myrtle were already drunk. In Tom's drunken state he clambered over to Nick while Myrtle clung onto him.

"NICK, NICK!" Tom had yelled. "I WANT YOU TO MEET MYRTLE, HAVE YOU MET MYRTLE NICK?" Tom questioned while pointing at the gorgeous red head next to him.

Myrtle had just giggled then leaned towards Nick and yelled "DON'T TELL MY BOYFRIEND!" before Tom and Myrtle left again.

Nick looked at Myrtle and looked more closely at the scarf Tom had given her. It was a glamourous red with wisps of white. After hours of drinking excessively and dancing, they all stumbled out of the club. Myrtle had tripped over Tom's shoe and fell against the sidewalk, successfully breaking her nose.

Nick didn't remember much from the night before and wasn't sure how he got home. He groaned and fell back asleep, as it was the weekend.