Chapter 9

Chapter 9

After Gatsby's death things had become crazy. The media had assumed Myrtle and Gatsby were together and, out of jealous rage for stealing his girlfriend then not protecting her, George killed Gatsby.

Nick sighed angrily as he hung up the phone. It seemed as if everybody who know Gatsby either had more "important" things to do or had disappeared. Tom, Daisy, Klipspringer, and Wolfsheim, Nick thought it was terrible. Few attended Gatsby's funeral such as Gatsby's father, Nick, and some servants. It was a pity really. His father was nice though, he was so proud of his son. He had told Nick that, even as a boy, Gatsby had wanted to improve himself.

I went out the last day that I lived there. I ran into Tom. I stared in disbelief as Tom went on, gloating.

"I told George who hit Myrtle. I gave him Gatsby's address and everything. Gatsby's deserved everything he got."

Daisy and Tom's life had just gone on. They were so careless that it nauseated Nick.

The end.

Pamela closed the book and put it back on her parents shelf. That was one messed up book she thought as she walked back into the living room. "Hey mom, can you tell me more about that Ellismere High book. Why do you even have it?" Pamela asked her mom. Her mom looked at her, a moment of fright passed through her eyes but as soon as it came it had left. Pamela didn't think the book was that bad. Her mother Dayna looked like she was trying to choose her words carefully as her father, Todd walked in. "It was special to me when I was younger" her mom replied as she looked at her husband. "You could say that alright" Todd said as he walked off to the green room. Todd had never knew why his wife had picked the color green.

-----

So that's my story! I hope you enjoyed it! Vote, Share, and comment what you think!

Also, for those of you that don't know, Pamela is Daisy and Toms daughter in the actual story!