Chapter 7

Chapter 7

“There is to be no party this weekend,” Gatsby said to Nick as they walked down the hallway. 

“What do you mean?” Nick asked him,  astonished. 

“Well, I have Daisy; I don’t need to throw such grand parties,” Gatsby replied casually as if he were talking about the weather. “I’ve fired my servant’s, to prevent gossip.  Yes, Nick.  I have everything I want,” he said while sitting down in his seat. 

As school got over with Nick was to meet Daisy, Tom, and Jordan at the beach. Little did he know that Gatsby would be there as well. To say it was awkward as Nick arrived would be an understatement. 

Daisy suddenly broke the awkward tension by saying “Well, let’s go to the mall.” 

As she tried to stand up she tripped but right before she hit the ground Gatsby caught her. She stared deep into his eyes as he stared back with such love it almost punched Tom in the face. Tom had seen that look. 

“Right.  Well, let’s go, then, “ Tom said and he stormed away. Everyone followed Tom. “Alright Nick and Jordan can ride with me, Gatsby why don’t we switch cars and you can take Daisy?” Tom said before climbing into Gatsby car and taking off. Tom had realised the gas was getting and stopped for gas.

 “Can you believe it?” George rant as he told Tom, Jordan, and Nick about Myrtles infidelity. Nick certainly could believe it. Nick then compared Tom and Myrtle to Daisy and Gatsby, both partner’s in the relationship were seeing other’s on the side. As they got to the hotel, it seemed as if both Tom and Gatsby turned into children. 

“I heard a rumor, Gatsby,” Tom had drawled and chuckled.

 “Oh really Tom, and what’s that?” Gatsby asked, perplexed.

 “I heard that you think my girlfriend loves you,” Tom said and smirked as Daisy choked on her drink. Gatsby smiled largely.

 “She does.  In fact, Daisy, why don’t you tell him?” Gatsby had smirked back at Tom. The air became and it felt as if everyone in the room had stopped breathing, waiting to see what Daisy would say. 

“Well, well, well.  This is just insane,” Daisy remarked as she stared at both men then stalked out. Toms smirk grew as Gatsby’s fell.

 “Why don’t you take her home in your own car?” Tom said as he gave Gatsby another look before exiting also.

 While they were on the way back, they encountered an accident in Ashville. Someone in a yellow car had hit Myrtle and sped off. Tom was horrified at the sight before him. Tom knew Gatsby had a yellow car and would have passed through not to long ago. They were all shaken as they got in the car on their way to Daisey's. Once they got there, Jordan had excused herself home with a simple goodbye. Tom had rushed inside to make sure Daisy was okay. Nick was waiting outside as Gatsby snuck up to him.

 "I don't have much time, but, Nick, it wasn't me driving," Gatsby rushed out to ready to leave if he saw the need. 

"What do you mean?" Nick had looked at him as if he were crazy.

 "It was Daisy, she was texting and I had told her to pay more attention, by the time I noticed that lady it was too late. She was scared so I told her  to just go. I don't mind going to jail for you, you see i've loved Daisy for years and if she's happy then I'm happy." Gatsby had murmured lost in thought.