₀₆.

Unedited version:

The sheets of my bed cascaded around me as if it were a waterfall of warmth. I missed my bed though it hadn't been too long. The bed we had slept on in that little motel was enough to make me thankful for my own.

I sighed in content with today. It wasn't too bad. In fact it was actually great for unknown reasons. I was back home with my father and he wasn't upset with me anymore. It was more on the perfect scale actually.

Betty was still over she was laying at the end of my bed while we listened to the sounds of pans clanking together. We we're fully aware that dinner was almost done so that's why we were awake from our nap.

"Guys!" My dad called to us from the kitchen. His voice echoing throughout the house. Me and Betty immediately got up and ran to the kitchen. Food is food and I love food.

But I had ran into a firm chest instead of making it into the kitchen. I gasped as I fell backwards onto the hard wooden floor with a thud. Betty giggled from inside the kitchen as I heard her getting food. I didn't want to look up to find who it was, not really. But I did it anyways.

My eyes snapped up to the person in front of me. I could recognise his cologne from a mile away so it didn't send me into any kind of shock.

"Hey." I greeted calmly, but I wasn't calm on the inside. The last time I had seen Reggie was when I had left him at the auditorium and ran out with Archie. So nothing between us was technically over. But why was he even here?

"So, why are you here?" I said as I pushed myself off the ground, inspecting my hand that was beginning to ache after I put pressure on it. He didn't answer me instead he took my aching hand in his, I flinched at his rough touch before melting into it. I had forgotten that this touch use to calm me down and help me cope.

He rubbed my hand slowly, the friction created was so soft. My eyes fluttered shut.

"So nice." I accidently whispered into the room. I could already see the smirk on his lips without opening my eyes. Reggie was still Reggie and I knew he'd do that sort of thing.
"Wipe that smirk off your face."

Before I could protest his lips touched mine in the most passionate kiss I had ever shared with anymore. I hadn't even shared a kiss like this with Archie. It was so slow, almost too slow for me. His lips burned against mine, something I hadn't felt. It was so foreign to think that I have never felt this before. All I felt was love in that moment. I enjoyed being kissed that way none the least but I slowly slipped out his charming spell and pushed against his chest softly. He pulled back even though I knew he could of wrapped his big arms around me and held me in place there til he was done, but he didn't.

"Well hi to you too." I winked at him before slithering into the kitchen. He followed behind me closely. It was like he didn't want me to slip out of his eyesight. Maybe he thought if I did I would bolt out of the door, but that was far from what I was going to do.

Betty and my father were already at the table, chatting about recipes. I rolled my eyes at that, who even talked about that without falling asleep?

"Hey son," my dad smiled at me. I acknowledge him by nodding. "Hey reg." My dad turned his contagious smile at Reggie whose own lips started to form a smile.

"Hello Mister Jones." He said as firmly as he could. Wait, did my dad call him reg?

I looked at my dad with a puzzling look and he just shrugged me off. Like really shrugged me off. His shoulders raised at me and then slumped back down. I squinted my eyes and looked between Betty who was talking with my dad like they were old pals back in the day and at Reggie who was staring at me.