Thomas x reader

You were sitting in the branches of one of the deadhead trees in the Glade crying your eyes out. Your ex-boyfriend Gally had just broken up with you. No one knew why you chose him anyway, but he was just so misunderstood you immediately liked him. Turns out he never liked you at all, he just wanted the attention and someone to like him.

You went somewhere where no one would bother you, but of course someone found you. You heard the crunching of twigs coming your way as someone was calling your name. "Y/N! Y/N!" You stopped crying. Stayed absolutely still. Suddenly the crunching stopped, and you saw the person looking for you had stopped just underneath the tree you were in, looking around them. It was Thomas, your best friend in the whole of the Glade.

He leaned against the tree and slumped down it. He looked exhausted, he must've been looking for hours for you. You hated seeing him like this so you carefully pulled off a few leaves from the tree you were in and dropped them one after the other down towards Thomas. You didn't want to use your voice. Your throat was sore and dry. Thomas looked at the leaves in confusion then squinted up at you.

"Y/N! There you are! Are you alright?" He stood up and asked in a hurry, obviously worried about you. You had been hiding all day! You nodded to him then started to climb down when he announced that he was coming up. You didn't want him to waste more of his energy. He already looked like he hasn't slept for a week. His hair a mess, mud smudges on his face, he actually looks quite hot...no dont think like that! You just had a break up and your thinking about your best friend like that again now?!, you scolded yourself. You had always liked Thomas as more than a friend but your focus was on Gally...

When you reached the bottom he immediately embraced you in a warm hug. He always made you feel better when you felt down.

"Y/N I was so worried about you! No one could find you anywhere, I'm so glad your ok!" he fussed as he rubbed circles on your back.

"Thanks Thomas" you croaked out. You felt so guilty for hiding away from your only friend here, a tear slid from you eye and landed on Thomas's shoulder.

"Oh no no no no no don't cry Y/N its alright I'm here for you" he cooed as he pulled back to rub your tears off tour cheek with the pad of his thumb. "You've had a rough ride today Y/N, lets get you back to your hut for the night."

"Okay" is all you could say to him. You tried for a smile and Thomas returned it sympathetically. Just before you both turned to leave, he quickly planted a soft single kiss on your lips.

"Oh, er- I'm so sorry Y/N I shouldn't have done that I don't know what came over me I just really like you and Gally is a dick and you didn't deserve to be treated like that by him and I think I should shut up now" he rushed out as his cheeks grew darker in shade with every word. He looked everywhere but at you.

But you still kissed him. You gently cupped his cheek and kissed him. It was a kiss that meant so much. It meant that you understood and that you liked him back and that you know he would always be by your side no matter what and that you were grateful for that.

He pulled away after a while and said with a smirk "does this mean you like me too?"

"Of course it does, you dork" you grin back at him.

And now, feeling so much better, you both walk back to the Glade, hand in hand, ready to face the world....together.