Request for @221B-Zoolane

Winston x Ella

Sorry it took so long, I hope you like it!

As you make your way over to the Bloodhouse to start your day as a Slicer, you bump into your best friend, Minho. Everyone was surprised when you started hanging out with Minho since he was loud and sassy, and you were quite shy and introverted. But you two got on like a house on fire. Plus, he's the only person in the whole Glade who you told about your crush on Winston, the Keeper of the Slicers.

"Hey Ella," he called to you as he jogged up next to you.

"Hey Minho, shouldn't you be in the Maze?"

"Yeah but Alby gave me the day off, so that means more time for me to pester you!" he nudged your arm and shot an evil grin at you. You roll your eyes sarcastically but refuse to stop. You were late as it was.

You were about to tell Minho to leave you alone when someone shouted your name.

"ELLA"

You looked up and saw Winston walking over to you and Minho. You couldn't help the immediate blush that came to your cheeks. You quickly dipped your head so that your curly brown hair covered your face until the flush died down. Luckily Winston decided to walk over rather than run, which gave you a chance to slow your pace to meet him half-way.

"Oooo look who's coming Ella!!" Minho whispered to you like a girl at high school. You shot him a playful glare and slowly raised your head to talk to Winston as he approached.

"Hi Ella, how you doing?" he asked with a nod.

"Uh-ok thanks, um- yeh," you stutter, trying to avoid eye contact.

"I'm gonna goooo" Minho mutters, dragging out the 'o' and flashing a wink at you before sauntering away towards Thomas.

"So, since most of the Runners are off today, I thought maybe you could take the day off today too if you wanted. And, I mean, you were almost late anyway," he chuckled, scratching the back of his neck.

So hot....wait I haven't answered him yet!

"Erm, haha yeah, um- actually I don't mind staying if you need help?" you say, tucking some of your curls behind you ear nervously.

"Hey Ella, Winston! You wanna play truth or dare with us?" Newt calls from the middle of the Glade.

"You wanna play? Cause I'm going," he grins.

"Er- sure, why not." You both jogged over to Newt and the others to start playing.

The game took a while to get interesting, but after Thomas was dared to pants Gally and Clint had to climb a tree in the Deadheads and shout that he was a "cotton-headed ninni-muggins" {ELF REFERENCE - don't ask, my friends' been saying it all week XD}, the group finally turned on you.

"Ok Ella, truth or dare?" Minho asks you with a smirk. Oh God...

"Truth"

"Ok er- who do you think is the hottest Glader?" You're dead Minho!!!! you thought as your stomach flipped at the thought of revealing your crush to all these people.

"Oooooooo this should be good!" you heard Newt mutter to Thomas.

"Er.........Winston," you murmur, hoping he didn't hear. Unfortunately, he did.

You quickly glanced up and saw he was looking at the ground with pink cheeks. You quickly returned your gaze to your lap, hoping the other Gladers would soon change the subject.

Winston's POV

Did Ella actually just say that she though I was the hottest out of everyone here?! Omg it's a miracle! I mean, I'm just...me. She could've chosen Minho since they're really close and he's amazing and good-looking and charming, she could've even picked Newt for god's sake! Did the accent not get her?! I can't believe she just said my name to answer that question. I've liked her for ages but never told anyone. If she actually does like me then I gotta tell her! Somehow...

Normal POV

The game carried on without too much fuss about your crush reveal. Until it was Winston's turn.

"Truth or dare, Winston?" Thomas asked.

"Dare"

"I dare you to-" Thomas paused to think about his dare for a second. "kiss Ella! No restrictions!"

You flushed a shade of red you didn't think existed and your eyes widened to the size of plates. No way was he ever gonna do it. You felt like he was way out of your league. If he does this then...

The other Gladers were wolf-whistling and cheering as he approached you, his cheeks red. You didn't know what to do. Was he actually going to do it?! Omgomgomg what do I do?! He leaned down next to you and you slowly looked up at him. Your green eyes searched deep into his, not really knowing what was happening. Then ever so carefully he closed the space between you two. The whole Glade was silent. Then he gently pressed his lips to yours. Butterflies exploded inside of you as you kissed him back, the hollers of your friends growing distant around you.

As he slowly pulled away, he flashed you a big smile and went back to his seat.

~~~~~

After the game you headed over to the Deadheads to think over what happened between you and Winston. Before you got very far though, you felt someone tap your shoulder gently and clear their throat. You turned around to find yourself face to face with Winston. Again.

"Oh- um, hi," you spluttered, unsure of what to say.

"Hi," he smiled back, running a hand through his hair. "I just wanted to ask, did you actually mean what you said back there? Do you really like me?"

"Uh...yeah," you muttered, looking at your feet, letting your hair hide your pink cheeks. Suddenly you felt him finger underneath your chin, lifting your head up to face him.

"Well, that's good 'cause I like you too. A lot," he told you, not breaking eye contact.

Your mouth dropped open in shock. Then before you could say anything else, you felt his lips on yours once more. Not too long again, but enough to prove his point. When he pulled away he said "Will you be my girlfriend, Ella?"

...

"YES! YES OMG YES!" you squealed as you tackled him in a hug.

This time, you were the one who pulled Winston into a kiss, much more passionate this time! ;)