Part 2

"Suhagraat before marriage is a sin." Khushi kept muttering it under her breath while running between kitchen and the dinning area.

"What will Devi Maiya think of me now?"

The other family members sitting there, watched her amazed and started looking at each other wondering about her behavior while Daadi just kept glaring her disgustingly.

"Khushiji..."An amused Anjali decided to interrogate. "Why are you running here and there with these two bowls?"

Khushi looked at her in confusion whereas Payal now noticed that her sister was just exchanging the same bowls again and again. She took the one from her hand and kept it on the table.

Hello hi bye bye, Phati Sari, where is your mindwa? Still on holidays?"

"Khushi, what happened with you?"

Just as Khushi was about to answer Payal, Daadi started.

"Deviyani, is that the idol daughter-in-law of this house? Isn't even aware of her own self, how will she take care of household?"

Nani was about to say something but closed her mouth again when a roaring voice came from behind.

"She doesn't need to!" Arnav walked down the stairs in his three piece suit.

"There are servants to take care of all that. Khushi and Payal do the household work at their own wish. They don't necessarily need to." He stood eying Daadi and glaring at her.

"Arnav, it is a duty of a married woman to take care of the household."

"Who said? I don't think so! My wife doesn't need to do all this work but if it is her wish, then I won't stop her either. Because I just want her to stay happy."

Daadi fumed as Arnav said that. She didn't have any words to backfire him.

"Arnav, what a magic did she do to you that you just can't see anything except her." When nothing else was left, blaming Khushi was always a possibility.

"Magic or not, you have to accept the fact that she is my wife and the eldest daughter-in-law of this house. And if not, then it's your problem?" He set it straight and sat down.

The other family members didn't dare to interfere and just looked at them. Daadi was the eldest and they couldn't speak against her but Arnav was right, still they couldn't support him. Khushi, who was already upset felt bad that he was fighting with his own grandmother for her. On the other side, her heart was jumping for this. How he claimed her as his wife and the daughter-in-law of this house. He just didn't speak for her but made it clear in front of all how much he loves her.

Daadi couldn't take her defeat and stood up to go from there.

"Daadi ji, please finish your breakfast at least." Khushi was about to go behind her to plead in front of her but was being stopped by his serene voice.

"Khushi, let her. She will eat when she's hungry."

Khushi lowered her gaze when Daadi again gave her a deadly glare, blaming her for this behavior of her grandson.

Payal and Khushi silently started continuing their serving but Arnav looked at both of them and narrowed his eyes.

"You two also sit and have breakfast. HP can do all this."

"Ya Payal, Bhai is right. Come and have breakfast with us together."

They nodded and took seat beside their respective husbands. NK joked a bit to improve the atmosphere and soon the hall was filled with laughter, loud enough to be heard by Daadi upside.