Befriending an immortal

(Hi everyone! I hope you all will enjoy my story! And I'll apologize to those who are a Fairy tail fan, I might mistake or skip a few things because it's been awhile since I've last seen it. I try to watch it again to catch up.)

Normal pov

Sakura Haruno stared wide-eyed at the criminal before her, she didn't expect for him, Hidan no Akatsuki, the jashinist, to crawl back out of his hole Shikamaru had made for him and lay lazily on the ground. He stared blankly at the pink haired girl, showing nothing but sorrow and guilt that got her interest. After a few more seconds, Hidan turned his attention back to the sky and watched as the clouds flew by. Sakura didn't know what to do, and she know full well that she would coat her life if she fights this psychopath alone, but he is different somehow, he's... somehow, dead, he looks really depressed and. As if reading her mind since she's not speaking to him, Hidan answered her unasked questions.

"Ya don't have to worry about me pinky, I'm not interested in killin' anybody anymore, I'm practically useless right now."

"H-huh? W-what do you mean? You're not going to attack me?"

"What's the fuckin' point? I had just fuckin' realized, after being stuck in that fuckin' hole the pineapple head made for fuckin' years, that Jashin doesn't excist. All my fuckin' life, I had followed fuckin' blindly by a false God. So what's the point of killin' people now?"

Sakura stared at Hidan for a while, sensing that he is telling the truth, so she lowered her weapon, but never putting it away, just incase the jashinist change his mind and attack her. She cautiously walked to him and slowly sat next to him, causing the immortal to stare at her in confusion, but shrugged it off and continued to stare at the sky, he didn't mind the company. Both shinobis were quiet, not knowing what to say to one another since they both don't know each other and feeling really awkward.

"... So... not going to kill me?"

"Nope."

"... What will you do now?"

"Have no clue."

"No clue at all?"

"Nope."

After that it was silent again, and it was getting even more uncomfortable and awkward, it was starting to get on the kunoichi's nerves. Sakura put her kunai away and layed on the ground next to Hidan, staring at the sky, when suddenly a question popped in her head while saying it out loud.

"I wonder why Shikamaru always stare at the clouds, what's so fascinating about them."

"The pineapple head?"

"Yeah, he always says he envy the clouds, maby it's because the clouds have no responsibility, can travel wherever they want, can just flow through life."

"... That's actually not a bad life, I would do anything to have a new life. A life where I can start over, to be a greater person, to have a loving and caring family. I wasted my life with a fuckin' God that doesn't excist."

Sakura frowned a little, knowing the same similarity of her life, she had also wasted her life by trying to be pretty to catch a certain person's interest since she was twelve, and just 3 months ago the person tried to kill her.

"... I know how you feel, when I was younger, I tried to catch someone's attention by try to look pretty and didn't concentrate on my training. The person I had a huge crush on left the village, just 3 months ago he tried to kill me, and I was helpless."

"... Who was it?"

"... You know, this is really stupid, a shunned and S-class shinobi talking like their friends, it's weird."

"H-huh, a shunned shinobi?"

This cause Hidan to look at Sakura curiously, but frowned when he saw that she narrowed at the sky and gritted her teeth. He had a feeling that what ever she's going to say was not going to be good. Before she could answer, Hidan decided to cut off.

"Ya know what, let's try to get to know each other first, it'll be easier.

"... Sure..."

Sakura and Hidan talked for hours, not knowing how late it was, but they didn't care, they really do enjoy each other's company.

"... So ya got shunned because the fuckin' mission to retrieve Sasuke Uchiha was a fail and they blamed it on ya. And ya haven' talked to any of ya'r fuckn' so-called friends since then and decided to hide in the hospital to stay the fuck away from them."

"Yeah, I was this close to scream and throw everything whatever I get my hands on and later go home and scream some more."

"... I guess ya and I have a lot of things in common."

"... It would seem so... I should probably go, it's getting really late... wait, what about you?"

"I'll be fine, just please bring be food tomorrow."

Sakura gave Hidan a warm and bright smile, nodding her head to show she will, and then she turned around and walked away. Hidan is not too bad for a S-rank criminal, he's actually nice, in a way.

' He reminds me of my uncle, it would be great to see him again.'

...

It had been 3 months know, and Sakura finally had the courage to show Lady Tsunade, that was shocked, the council, that was really eager to kill her and capture Hidan on the spot, and the pissed off Team 10 plus the rest of the 11-gathering that Hidan meant no harm. It had taken a lot of time before any of them finally agreed to her that Hidan was a good guy. The council did have a thought that the immortal would make a perfect weapon, so they allowed the ex-jashinist to stay as a leaf shinobi. Hidan still wore his now-new leaf headband around his neck and was being forced to wear proper jonin cloths, being forbid to walk around the village half naked. Tsunade was mostly disappointed than proud at her apprentice, but agreed to the council, so she let it slide, but punished Sakura with D-rank missions for 6 months, much to her displeasure. With Team 10 wasn't so easy, especially Shikamaru, Hidan had to kneel down before them and apologize for everything he has done and will do anything they told him to do. He had to follow their every order for a month, and Hidan was tempted to rip out his hair from frustration. Since Sakura was the one that helped Hidan to sort of fit in the village, she and the ex-jashinist had to share a house.

"Just as I thought that my life can't get any worse, it's being shoved back into my face."

"Sorry, that was my fault."

"... Well at least you're not a missing ninja anymore."

"And I thank ya for that, and at least ya are not being shunned anymore."

"Yes, but they hate me even more. Now they are calling me a traitor as well, it's so frustrating."

It was true, when he was forced to do some arrants to Team 10 during the month, he had heard a lot of people gossiping about a pink hair girl being cheap to get criminals on their side, and for some reason, Hidan wasn't really about it. He even heard Sakura's so-called friends bad-mouth her like that, and Hidan had to hold himself back to explode. Hidan sighed as he was about to hug his only friend and family until their was a harsh knock on the door, making Sakura groaned in annoyence and making Hidan cursed in anger.

"Man, what now!? I had enough of hell as it is!"

With that Sakura stomped her way to the door, ready to punch whoever is going to assault or insult her this time, but the minute she opened the door, she stared wide-eye at the person in front of her.

"L-lord Danzou?"

"Miss Haruno, we need to talk."

(I hope you all enjoyed it!)