The talk

(Yahoo! We're almost there guys! Just one or two more chapter(s) and we'll see what Sakura and Hidan's kekke genkai will be~! Enjoy!)

Sakura pov

I could feel them, I could feel how Team 10 are throwing death glares at me while Hidan stare worriedly at me, I was feeling really uncomfortable. I didn't expect Lady Tsunade to suddenly chose me as Team leader, and now I had to lead a team and a ex-criminal to save and cure kids. To make things even worse, Hidan and I had a week to decide to join the ROOT, I still don't get why Danzou suddenly want me to join, Hidan is understandable since he's immortal and all, but me, something is really fishy here.

"... Oi Haruno, so what's the plan?"

"... Well... I guess our plan is study the enemy before going in action. You can plan the rest, Nara."

"... Fine... *She's colder all of the sudden, what the hell.*..."

With that we fell silent, not saying a word to each other, and Team 10 still have the nerve to glare holes in my back, it was really irritating. We traveled for at least 6 hours, and we decided to stop to take a break before we continue. While Shikamaru was starting to form a plan, I went to a nearby river to get water, but then something weird happen, the minute I touched the water, it either float or freeze. When I touched it again to make sure I wasn't hallucinating, nothing happened, so I shrugged it off and went back to the others with our water. When I got there, I heard Team 10 was talking to Hidan.

"Just because you're a Leaf shinobi now doesn't mean we'll forgive you what you did to our sensei. Sakura made a wrong move trusting you."

"I don't expect to forgiven, what I did was unforgivable, but leave Pinky out of this, she has nothing to do with this."

"Don't you dare defend her, she's just as guilty as you!"

Really, there going to start a fight now? This really is such a pain in the ass, I was about to step in and told them to knock it off, but stopped when Hidan spoke at them that shocked me.

"How is Sakura guilty as me? Is it because she didn't had the heart to kill that fuckin' Uchiha bastard and couldn't bring him back? Is it because she gave me a second chance to have a better life? Well at least she has a heart, unlike all of her so-called friends. She's willing giving a criminal a new life while ya people would just turn ya back on them. Ya people are supposed to be her friends, especially ya blondy, but no, we rather fuckin' abandoned her than being there for her when she's in deep shit."

"Don't, don't you dare-"

"Don't I fuckin' dare what, I'm just telling the fuckin' truth, but you guys have such a fuckin' bad attitude towards her that had left her scarred and betrayed. What about her old team? They abandoned her aswell, I guess the nine tailed brat and the shitty silver hair fucker didn't really care about her."

"If Naruto didn't care about Sakura, then why did he saved her!?"

"Go ask the brat that, I refuse to hear anymore of this fuckin' nonsense ya traitors are forcing on pinky. I'm the only friend and family she has left."

With that they didn't speak, Team 10 stared at Hidan in disbelief, not believing what they just heard, even I couldn't believe it. Does, does he really mean it, I couldn't help it but let a few tears of joy slide down my face and smile happily, now that's what I call a true friend. I waited for a few minutes more to calm myself down before showing myself with the bottles water. I throw the bottles carelessly at Team 10 but handed Hidan his bottle nicely. After we are we began to start jumping from tree branch to tree branch, and surprisingly, I didn't feel any hateful glares on my back. Guess Hidan had talked some senses in them, he would also make a perfect Naruto to if he didn't swear much though.

...

It was dark now, we had stopped again to set up camp, making a fire to warm us up before climbing in our tents to sleep, except me. I played with the fire with a stick, bringing my knees to my chest and hold it as fire flakes flickered. I didn't know how long I sat here, yet I didn't care, the speech Hidan gave was still in my head, and I couldn't help it but smile. I was snapped out of my thoughts when someone spoke.

"Couldn't sleep?"

"... What do you want Akamichi?"

I glared at Choji, but kept my cool as he walk and sat in front of me, looking really nervous and uncomfortable, that caused me to cock my head in curiosity. Choji was thinking what to say, and I guess it has something to do with Hidan.

"... Why did you help Hidan?"

"... Well... why do you want to know?"

"... Earlier when you went to find a river for water, we had a chat with Hidan, and the way he acted got me wondering."

"... Is that so?"

Choji nodded his head, and I was smirking from the inside, Hidan really did talked some sense into them, I am so proud of him! CHA!! I wouldn't mind if Hidan became my brother.

"... To tell you the truth, I don't really know. At first I didn't want anything to do with him, I really wanted to either attack or run away and warn that he has returned. But, he didn't attacked me, he only lay on the ground, staring at me like a broken tool that nobody wants to use."

"What else happened? How did you changed him?"

"Well, after realising that Hidan wasn't going to attack me and all, we started talking, and I guess Shikamaru made him realise that Jashin doesn't exist. It was the first time I saw him cry, he even admitted that he wasted his life to follow a made up god. And now, all he wanted was a second chance and people to care for him and him for them. I guess I'm the only one that cares for him. After a few months, we not only became friends, but family too."

I lifted my head and looked at a shell shock Choji, he then dropped his head, and I could tell he began to have mixed feelings. I sighed and spoke seriously at him.

"Listen, Choji, Hidan doesn't expect to be forgiven, and he thinks he doesn't deserve it, but he's trying to change, and I know you guys hate me for defending him. Remember this, everyone deserves a second chance, wether you're a criminal or not. Everyone deserves to write their own history."

With that I stood up and went to my tent, leaving Choji to think over what I had said.

(Okay! I hope you guys enjoyed it! Please comment what you think of the story!)