Chapter Three

"There aren't many costume shops around here, Rosie." Freya said, practically jogging after a very fast paced Rosie.

"Stop calling me Rosie, it makes me feel five, Rose is just fine thanks." Rosie said, rolling her eyes.

"Okay, Rose, can you slow down please? I only have small legs."

"You're too cute for your own good," Rosie sniggered, stopping at the fancy-dress shop and stepping inside. "Right then Pipsqueak, what'd you normally wear for Halloween? A Slutty Maid? A Sexy Devil? Oh no you wouldn't wear a devil would you? A Dark Sexy Angel?"

"My normal clothes. I'm not allowed to go Trick or Treating-hey! Don't look at me like that. I can't help it if my parents-parent-disagrees with Trick or Treating." Freya pouted as Rosie raised her eyebrow. She mumbled something inaudible.

"Want to repeat that Pipsqueak?" Rosie asked.

"Not really, no."

"Well tough," Rosie crossed her arms over her chest. "Tell me."

"I said that you'll have bulging eyebrows with the amount of times you work them out." Freya repeated quietly.

There was a fire inside of Rosie's eyes. Freya half expected her to yell, and half expected her to slap her. She did neither. Instead, she laughed. Her laugh was a beautiful sound, it brightened her whole face. Freya was shocked, she didn't even know that she was capable of laughing.

Her laugh disappeared as she paced around the shop.

"Oh my God! Frey, we could be nuns!"

"No." Freya replied, rolling her eyes. "Just because I'm a Christian doesn't mean I want to be a nun."

"Isn't that basically what Christians are? Nuns and Priests?"

"No," Freya sighed. "Nuns are traditionally Roman Catholic."

"Oh, well we could dress as Killer Clowns and jump out on kids and chase 'em. How fun would that be?" Rosie exclaimed.

"Not very fun." Freya replied.

"You're not very fun." Rosie sniggered, looking around. "I know! Zombie Schoolgirls! All we need to do is cut up and stain some of your school uniform and we have the outfit sorted! C'mon let's do it, pretty please."

"You are not cutting up my uniform. Can't we just dress as Bloody Maids? Hey, wait! My school normally has a fancy-dress party! You could come, seeing as you're joining the school."

"Pipsqueak, I'm not joining your school." Rosie yet again raised her eyebrow.

"What? Why?"

"I'm seventeen."

"Oh," Freya blushed in embarrassment. "Well I could still take you."

"Alright, that's fine with me." Rosie shrugged. "So what're we wearing? I imagine it'll be filled with minors dancing and trying to be sexy? Minors snogging other minors? I can't believe I'm going to a high school party! Geez its been a year since I left school. What're they like nowadays?" She chuckled softly at her own comment of nowadays.

"I honestly have no idea what it's like, I've never been, but we could go as Zombie Schoolgirls if you like? Just as long as we actually buy the costumes and not molest my uniform, seeing as uniform definitely isn't cheap."

"No problem, Pipsqueak."

They both bought a Zombie Schoolgirl costume, they weren't very slutty and that reassured Freya immensely.

Freya sat down in the cafeteria with a plate of pasta on her tray. She was sat with her three main friends. Carter, Jonathan and Demi.

"Hey, Frey, can we talk?" Jonathan asked, leaning quite close towards Freya. He was one of the most handsome boys in her year group, he was tall with a sharply chiselled face. His eyes were piercing blue, his lips were full, he looked like an utter model. All the girls wanted Jonathan.

Freya nodded her head and stood. Jonathan took her hand and led her to somewhere more quiet.

"Will you come to the disco with me?"

"Of course I will, silly, you're my friend, why wouldn't I?"

"No," He grimaced. "As a date?"

"What?" Freya blushed badly, her cheeks going bright red. She felt a weird pang in her chest that she hadn't felt before, it didn't feel good, but she went along with it.

"Please, Frey, I want to be more than friends. I'll treat you right and you know I will, please just give me a shot." Jonathan begged, holding both of her hands in his big ones.

"Alright, I guess we could try it with a date." Freya said shyly.

"Great!" A smile lightened Jonathan's handsome face as he leant down and kissed her cheek; she was quite short compared to him. "Wait, what're you going to wear?"

"Zombie Schoolgirl." Freya replied, her cheeks burning.

"Oh, okay, cool! Just needed to know." He smiled. "Come on I bet your pasta's going cold." Jonathan started to walk back to their friendship group. Freya knew she'd made a bad mistake, she knew that something wasn't quite right with her and Jonathan going on a date. She thought and knew that he was handsome, but she wasn't attracted to him.

She felt weird.

She felt sick.

She felt queer.

She'd never really been attracted to a boy. Let alone go on a date with one! She knew that something was going to go wrong, and if she was honest with herself, she was both ashamed and afraid. Ashamed for leading a close friend on. Afraid of what would happen.