221B

"He's always like that," Molly said quietly after Sherlock left. Her brown eyes fluttered around the room. She was trying to think- always an annoying attempt for normal people to make. "Reminds me of you, (Y/N.)"

     She met your eyes with a little smile. Oh, this poor girl. She likes Sherlock a lot, didn't she? You took a sharp breath and turned to Watson.

     "Shall we be off, then?" He asked, leaning on his cane.

     "Indeed we shall," you replied, opening the door for him. "See you, Molly."

     "Bye, (Y/N)! Love you!" she called back. "I-in a completely platonic way, of course!" she stammered. You sighed. Molly was your... friend- and you didn't have many of those- but she could be insanely awkward sometimes. 

     As the two of you walked down the hall, you noticed John looking through the most recently sent texts, while also unsuccessfully trying to keep you from seeing the screen. You read that it said, 'Arrest if brother has a green ladder."

     "So, before you ask, yes, he is indeed smart. Wonderful observation." Your tone was not sarcastic, but you knew John would perceive it as so anyway. "And it seems he solves crimes as well... Just like me."

     John nodded. "Never thought I'd meet someone with the... deducing thing. Let's look him up, shall we?"

     The next day, you and John were walking to 221B together. Well, you were walking, he was... limping. Like an adorable little hedgehog that had a splinter in one paw. What? Nothing. The two of you arrived at a tall black door and John reached over to bang on it with the knocker. 

     "Hello," a familiar low-toned (A/N: I kid you not, I just typed love on accident when I was trying to type voice, and they don't even have the same number of letters. Coincidence? I think not!) voice said behind you. Your companion and you turned around to see Sherlock Holmes coming out of a cab.

     "Ah, Mr. Holmes," John said.

     "Sherlock, please," he said, glancing at you at first with a small smirk, but it quickly morphed into what you thought was a displeased expression. He reached out to shake John's hand.

     "Well, this is a prime spot. Must be expensive." You could tell that John wasn't too excited about that part, and sensed that Holmes also noticed John's reluctance.

     "Oh, Mrs. Hudson, the landlady, she's given me a special deal," Sherlock reassured him. As he spoke, he glanced at you for what must have been the sixth time since he arrived. This time, you caught his eye and gave him a bored, questioning look. "Yes, sorry," Sherlock said. "What are you doing here, erm- What's your name?"

     "Oh, I suppose I never told you. I'm (F/N) (L/N). And Mrs. Hudson is actually my aunt, so I thought I'd accompany my friend Watson and say hi to her."

     "Yes, well." Sherlock broke your locked stare and continued to John, "She owes me a favor. Her husband was sentence to death in Florida a while back. I helped out."

     "You... stopped her husband from being executed?" John asked uncertainly as you shook your head.

     Sherlock smiled softly. "Oh, no. I ensured it." His smile, for whatever reason, brought your attention to Sherlock's nose. A random thought flew across your mind that it looked rather cute. What?  you mentally snapped at yourself. Shut up.