Chapter 3

These (^) awesome covers were made by Sophiec312. I love them, and will be changing the cover to one of them after this part is posted! If you want to send me anything, PM me! I love to see everything that you guys make, whatever it is! :)

Terry is on top of me trying to get me out of my clothes. I fight against him, screaming for help, looking around hoping to see someone who I know won't be there. However, I am surprised when I do see someone. Tanner. Watching.

I open my eyes; I don't need to see the time to know that only a couple of minutes have gone by. I stare at Sophie for a moment, stroking her hair away from her peaceful face, before turning onto my back. I let out a sigh before sitting up, knowing it's useless to try to sleep again. I slowly get off the bed, not wanting to disturb Sophie. I walk to the desk and pull out the chair, but one of the wheels catches on something. I let out a sigh, bending down to see what is stopping the chair. I find a pair of my pants lying on the floor under the desk. I must have missed them yesterday when I was tidying up the mess. I snatch them up and drop them in the bin next to the desk. I don't want to wear something that Tanner has touched. I want to do the same for every article of clothing I own, but I don't have enough money to buy a whole new wardrobe. I guess I'll just have to settle on washing them with as much detergent as I can. I would go and do it now, but I don't feel comfortable leaving Sophie alone in the room when I know Tanner was able to get in.

I fall down onto the chair, and reach for the TV remote, turning the volume down most of the way when it's on. I lift my feet onto the chair, and lean back, mindlessly watching the show on screen.

A loud ringing starts up, and I look to the bed to see whether Sophie has been awoken by it as I rush to my phone to silence it. Luckily, she still stays oblivious to the world. I bring it to my ear, not seeing who is calling.

"Hello?" I ask quietly. I walk to the door, deciding to step outside. I leave the door ajar behind me.

"Bambi, it's Gerard, how are you?"

"How did you get my number? I haven't called you..."

"The boys gave it to me, is that OK?"

"Um, yeah, sorry, I just wasn't expecting you to call."

"That's alright. I'm just calling to see whether you have any dinner plans? I could answer any questions you have about the situation with the boys, but also it'd be nice to get to know each other better. We haven't really had the chance to talk properly since last Sunday."

"I- uh..." I start. I know that he was meaning when the guys told me about their secret, but the memories of what happened after still creep up. It would be nice to learn more about the secret that the guys kept from me, but am I ready to have the Uncle/Niece relationship with Gerard? Every interaction I have had with him since I found out has been more of him in the doctor capacity.

Eventually my curiosity takes over, and I agree. "Yes, OK, that would be nice. Let me see if I can get childcare for Sophie..."

"She's welcome to come."

"I'd rather keep Sophie out of the loop for now, at least until I have come to terms with it and understand it more."

"I understand," he tells me.

"What time were you thinking?" I ask.

"I don't want to keep you too late, so 7?"

"That sounds great."

"I won't make any reservations until I hear back from you," he says. I am just telling him that I will let him know whether I can make it not as soon as possible, when I hear Sophie calling for me. I end the call with Gerard and return to the room.