Chapter 2

Syaoran's POV

Its been such a long time....

I open the main door of my house and walk in. I should tell father that I am back....

"I am back, Father." I stare at a photo of my father and me. Both of us were grinning. As I am taking off my cape, I hear footsteps.

"Yes?"

I open the door and as soon as I do that, Princess Sakura pounces on me,

"Syaoran"

Both of us lose our balance and we fall down, with Princess Sakura on top of me. I see her slightly smiling as she says "Welcome back."

I know what's about to happen next....

And as if on cue, the questions start pouring in. "How's the excavation going on?" "Are you hurt?" "Did you get any fevers ?" "Are you eating properly?"

In reply, I could only muster a faint 'yes'. After pausing for a second, I said, "It went well."

All of sudden Princess Sakura's expression changes, it seems as if something said by me pissed her off.

"It's Sakura to you."

I look at her curiously, as she finally says "I told you that when we are alone just call me Sakura"

But....

"But.... Princes-" "Sakura"

She cuts me off with a stern expression on her face. I hesitate, "Huh?"

She notices this and reminds me once more, "I told you call me by name."

Unsure of what say OR do, I finally say "Well.... Okay.... " But my voice cracks in between.

"Sa-Ku-Ra" she says, while smiling.

I repeat after her "Sa-Sakura"

It feels weird.... Calling someone Royal but their first name....

But for some reason, my heart IS fluttering. Finally I see that smile, the smile I knew.

"Ah.... Sorry" she says realizing something. After a small pause she says "I must be heavy" Another pause as she finally gets up and I sit up and fold my legs.

"But seriously, welcome back Syaoran."

"It's good to be back."

We both stand up and face each other,
"How long are you staying back this time?" she asks.

I reply, "I only came back for a change of clothes. I am going back to work at nightfall"

Her head drops down, "I see" I sense sadness in her voice.

I don't know what came over me but I just couldn't stand to see her upset.

"I have to buy a few things for tomorrow's excavation. Would you like to come?" I say, trying to cheer her up.

Her face lights up when she hears this.

I am glad....

----
"You've been acting like something is bothering you." I ask her as we walk down the road together. "Could it be that you escaped from the castle once again?" I guess.

"It's because whenever I say that I am going to meet Syaoran, big brother becomes upset."

"His Majesty is just worried about you, his little sister" I try to reason with her.

"You think so. It just seems like he is bullying me."

Saying this, Princess Sakura runs ahead of me as something catches her attention.