The truth

Nobody knows the truth behind Maia, even her best friends doesn't know. All they know is that, Maia was born with a rich family. She's really not. She was abandoned by her real parents when she was a year old, due to money complications. She was left right beside a lake. A rich, married couple were having a picnic date at the same place where Maia was left. The couple heard a crying baby. They went to find the baby, and as soon as they found Maia, they brought her home and raised her. The rich couple didn't name her Maia, but the real parents did. Maia's real parents left a letter beside Maia. "It is our fault we weren't able to give this little girl a great life. She is 1year old now. Her birthday is August. 24, 2003. Her name is Veronica Maia and whatever your husband's last name is. Please take good care of our little girl. We couldn't keep her, due to money complications. It breaks our heart leaving our little girl beside a lake. But thanks to you, you saved my daughter. Please don't give her away. She's a precious. We love her so so much. Please raise her properly and promise us, you will tell her that she's adopted when she turns 5years old. Keep this letter, give it to her in order for her to not get hurt and for her to understand. Bring her to the lake where we left her and never ever let her go. Maia, if you're reading this, my dear. We love you. We left you because we couldn't give you your needs. Please understand. And promise me that you will love your new parents no matter what. Thank you." Says in the letter. Maia and her friends were in their favourite hang out place, chilling. "Maia, we never met your 'rich' parents. When are we ever gonna meet them??" Kim asked Maia. "NEVER!! I mean, why do you want to meet my parents if we could just meet your parents everyday, right?!" Maia nervously replied. Kim, Cody and Alex looked at each other confusingly. "We're going! Whether you like it or not. We're your friends Maia. Whatever happens or whatever's wrong, you will still be our best friend." Kim said "she's right Maia. Whatever's wrong, we will never change how we look at you." Cody followed. Maia was forced to agree. They all went to Maia's house and as Cody, Kim and Alex saw Maia's house, they kept on blinking their eyes fast. "Is this a house or a mansion!?!?!?" Alex confusingly and shockingly asked. As soon as they went to Maia's room that looks like a living room, Maia's parents came in. "Oh no" Maia was already worried about what she predicts will happen. "Welcome to our house guys! Nice meeting you! I'm Maia's mom, Mrs. Merrell (family name) and this is Maia's dad, Mr, Merrell." Mrs. Merrell says as she enters. "It's your first time in our house and it's your first time seeing us. So, we decided to make this special for you. We are going to serve you food and we're gonna tell you a story about our precious." Mr. Merrell followed. Maia couldn't do anything because she's really nervous and afraid. She looks frozen the whole time, until her parents came back to tell them stories. "So, who wants to know how our precious became a grown fierce girl.?! Yeah?!" Mrs. Merrell excitingly asked. "NO ONE!!" Maia shouted. "We do, Mrs. Merrell. We would love to." Kim followed. "Okay. So we found her beside the lake when we had her right? And then—" Mrs. Merrell didn't finish because of Alex shockingly and immediately said "wait..what!?! Found in the lake? When you had her!?!? Wha—what is this?! Am I the only one who doesn't know about this!? Kim? Cody??" "We don't, Alex, just chill..*ehemm* WHAAAAT!?!?" Kim and Cody shouted, shockingly. Mr. And Mrs. Merrell was confused. They thought They already knew since Maia is their Beat friend. "we have to go. Thanks mom, dad. Have a nice—bye" Maia said as she pulls her friends out of the house. "Wait a minute Maia. Stop it! What was that!? Do we have to know anything?!" Kim, full of worries. "Nothing, guys. Let's just go." Maia replied. "No Maia. What was that?! We have to know. Trust us, please." Cody followed. Alex was still in shock, leaving him speechless and his mouth open wide. "Fine. But let's settle this in our hang out place. And close your mouth , Alex." Maia worriedly replied.
They all went to their hang out place, which is the cafe shop that Kim's mom owns. "I'm adopted." Maia said straightly to the point. "WHAT!?! HOW!? WHY!?" Kim, Alex and Cody shouted. "I was left beside the lake because my real parents said that they couldn't keep me because they couldn't give me my needs. I was 1year old that time." Maia explained "now that you know the truth, the feelings I'm carrying, got a bit lighter" she added.