Lovers sacrifice

We all know that Maia and Fred (Cody's enemy in educational competitions) have feelings for each other. Cody feels bad about it since Fred is his enemy. Maia respected how Cody feels, but she can't stop the feelings she has for Fred. Cody has another competition between Fred and him, and it is about Maia. "Who wins the heart of Maia Merrell first. Friend or lover?". "I like you, Maia. I love you. Can I take you out later for dinner?" Fred, courting Maia. " I'd love to Fred, it's just that I already have settled some plans with my friend Cody later. Maybe next time?" Maia answered. Cody walking across each side of the open door, behind Maia, smiling at Fred and making faces in front of Fred while Maia is not looking. "I win" Cody proudly whispered. "Just for this time" Fred replied also with a whisper. Cody and Maia, later, went and made what they were planning for. "Thanks Cody. This has been such a great night. You are a really, really good friend." Maia thanking Cody. "No problem Maia. That's what friends are for, right? We can hang out again. Tomorrow?" Cody replied. "Tomorrow." Maia followed. Maia is already ready to sleep until someone is calling. "It's Fred! Omg it's Fred! Okay just chill. Answer the call and just - chill." Maia talking to herself "hey Fred. What's up! It's late." Maia talking to Fred through phone. "Nothing. I'm just thinking, maybe, tomorrow you're available? Since you've already settled your plan with Cody - it's my turn??" Fred asking Maia for a date. "Of course Fred. Sure." Maia replied. "Okay. Great. 10 o'clock then. See you." Fred followed. As their conversation ended, Maia immediately contacted Cody. Cody wasn't answering- thinking that maybe he has already fallen asleep. So, Maia has decided to leave a voice mail for Cody, informing him that their friendly date for tomorrow is cancelled. "Hey Cody. Umm..what's up? See, Fred asked me a while ago if we could go out for a date right? And I had to say no since we, both of us, had already have plans. Well since you - umm - he asked me out just this night, and I'm hoping that you won't get mad if I cancel our date tomorrow since we just went out? Maybe it's his turn? I'm sorry. Okay. Bye" Maia sending a voice mail to Cody. It is the next day, and Maia is getting ready - putting a lot of effort. *phone ringing* "heeeey Cody!" Maia answered. "You cancelled" Cody said calmly. "Ohhh you got the voice mail. You understand, right?" Maia worriedly asked. "Go ahead" Cody replied. "Thanks Cody. I love you so so much. I promise, I'll make it up to you. Bye." Maia followed. Cody didn't even had a chance to say goodbye to Maia since Maia is too busy thinking about her date - she already dropped the phone call. *car honking* "it's Fred. Coming!! Bye mom, bye dad. See you in a bit!" Maia rushing. "Okay hun. Have fun." Mrs. Merrell says " wait what?! Who - who's this guy!?" Mr. Merrell confusingly asked. "No one dad. Don't worry. Byeeee!!!!" Maia rushing and shouting. "You look pretty." Fred complimenting Maia. "Oh it's just nothing. I just put this up. No effort." Maia replied. Fred and Maia went to this fancy restaurant to eat lunch. "Wow Fred. This is too much. The restaurant, the car, the compliment! I feel very special." Said Maia. "Because you really are special. I like you Maia. Are you willing to be mine?" Fred replied "wait! What!?" Maia confusingly asked. "Will you be my girlfriend?" Fred followed "No - Fred. Ugh. This is too fast - I mean, if you think I'm that easy to get, then no, okay. I didn't think that this will go like this. I'm sorry. Bye Fred" Maia replied. Maia went straight home, crying about what happened. "Hey Cody. I miss you and I love you. You are the best friend I - we could ask for. Maybe we should go out some time? And this time, with Alex and Kim." Maia called Cody. Cody didn't ask about what happened to not make anything worse so he just replied, saying "sure, Maia. Anything for a friend, that'll do." The four best friends went out more often and made a lot of memories.