Epilogue

Some moments become more vivid with the passage of time. Yesterday's many encounters and goodbyes have existed for this moment. Every alley and crossroad that I've walked through were all meant to lead me to this very place. That kind of moment is what I mean.

The sound of cicadas that chirped like flowers ended in an instant. In the abrupt silence, I realize life's immense beauty. Just the fact that you are in it makes all the difference. Even if this were a dream, this is where I choose to be.

Why is that the happiest of moments usher in sudden fear?

Looking back, I had known all along, that underneath the glittering world before my eyes lay my deception, that everything was to collapse with a breath of wind. I turned, sidestepped, I simply closed my eyes, afraid I was, afraid to be loved for who I am.

If we could turn back the clock, where should we go back to? Once we reach that place, can all of our mistakes and errors be undone? Will happiness be ours to stay?

Though many seasons pass, there are places that cannot be reached, yet another storm to be faced and to be weathered head-on, loving without fear, hesitating and parting, merely living as the person that I am.

I guess it was destiny that brought us together. We were like a puzzle. Alone we were lost but together we were complete. Everybody had something the other one was missing and so we found our complementarians, our missing puzzle pieces. And even though we never thought that there was some kind of cure for our illnesses, we were healed in the end. We found the cure. This cure was called friendship.

 This cure was called friendship

Thank you for letting me be me.
For helping me fly.
For giving me wings.

And we found something more than friendship. We found what everybody in this world was aiming for. And in the end, we were the lucky ones. Because not everybody is able to find it. And no matter what would happen to us in the future. It was okay because we were not alone.