Chapter 1: A New Beginning

There he was, down on his knees, weeping before God himself once again. He had nothing he could say, nothing he wanted to say. This time, Ryo has really messed up. I mean, not only had he brought upon the extinction of the human race: he had taken away everything from the one person he loved.

He hated how he felt, but he knew he deserved it. Loneliness. Regret. Despair. Loss. What a pathetic sight it must've been; Satan himself, clutching to the remaining half of Akira as he sobbed, when before he had claimed that love didn't exist.

But the real surprise was God's words to the fallen angel that lay before him.

"I can create a new world."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Third Person]

Ryo couldn't believe his ears. What was God trying to say? Was he trying to tempt him?

He managed to tear his eyes from the ground and face him as he still clung to Akira.

"W-what?" He stuttered. "What do you mean?"

"I can make a new world. Reset it all. Almost like none of this every happened; you and Akira living on your lives in a new Earth with no demons to bring on an apocalypse."

It sounded too good to be true. Like a dream.

Ryo looked up. "What the fuck are you telling me? I mean, you're God, of course you can do that. But how am I supposed to believe you'd do such a thing for me?"

"I wouldn't do it just for you. Akira deserves better, plus Miki and her family, as well as all their friends. Plus, as God, I believe everyone deserves a second chance."

"Okay then," Ryo started, trying to calm his thudding heart. "Say you do make this new world. Don't I get some sort of punishment? There's no way you're just gonna let me off for.." his words catch in his throat. "..for everything I've done."

"Your punishment is your memory. Akira and the others will be reborn on the new Earth with no memory of their past lives. However, you will remember everything. You'll remember the demons, the massacre; and everything you've done that hurt both Akira and others."

Ryo gulped. He didn't know if he could take remembering. The way he used Akira, and the way he turned the public against him. The way he had made Akira suffer in ways most wouldn't ever dream of. The way that his lifeless body looked, illuminated by the moon.

But he was lucky God was offering to do even this. He would keep the memory; for Akira, and as the punishment he knew he deserved. Honestly, he deserved so much worse than this.

"Hey, God? I know this might be asking for a bit much after what you're doing already. But by any chance, could you take my angelic powers away from me?" He shuddered. "I.. I don't want to be Satan anymore. I just want to be Ryo Asuka, nothing more."

"Don't fuss about such things. I was planning on stripping you of your powers, anyways. I still can't trust you; powers or not. Know that this isn't for you, but for the innocent souls of Earth."

And with a snap of God's fingers, Earth was born again, waiting for new stories to unfold.

A/N~ Hello!! This will be my first fanfic on my account here, so I hope everyone out there enjoys it!! This is basically my excuse for a Devilman AU where everything is okay.. because my heart couldn't take it lol. Sooo.. yeah!