Bonus chapter 2: Soup

Picture credit to: @/meru90 (this picture caused me physical pain I'm sobbing help)

A/N: This fanfic is at 13k views now?? (Edit: 14.3k holy hell) I'm actually sitting in shock at 12:34am rn oh lord. But thank you everyone so much for reading this fanfic, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing it!! Now let's continue with this fluffy extra content :)

Ryo was still sitting on the couch in shock as Akira assembled all of the ingredients for the soup.

Okay, first of all. I just fucking kissed Akira. Holy shit.
Second, he knows I've been watching him??
Third, damn his lips are soft.

"Ryo!! Where do you keep the broth?"

Snapping out of his thoughts, Ryo walked over to where Akira was searching in the closet. He reached over to the top shelf retrieved a can. "Here."

Both boys blushed when their hands came in contact, and Akira coughed before continuing to gather ingredients. The air began to grow tense again, that is, until Ryo saw Akira trying to cut carrots.

He tried, and failed, to hold in a laugh. "Do you even know how to cook?"

Akira's cheeks flushed in embarrassment as he continued to sloppily chop the carrots. "Y-yeah, of course! I just don't do it often.."

Ryo chuckled, an idea coming to his head. "Well, you're doing it all wrong." He came up from behind Akira, wrapping his arms around the other and holding his hands. His voice was hardly a whisper when he spoke into Akira's ear. "You do it like this."

It was hard to distinguish Akira apart from a tomato as he tried his best not to hyperventilate. Ryo wasn't much better himself, but he continued using Akira's hands to cleanly chop the carrots in a calm manner.

"You smell like flowers."

That's it; Akira was finished. His knees buckled, and he fell to his knees, leaving Ryo standing alone with the knife. Setting it down, he burst out laughing. "Adorable. You're absolutely adorable."

Despite his position on the ground, Akira fired back. "You weren't so cocky when you stuttered after kissing me. 'Ooh!! I-I'm so sorry Akira! I didn't mean it!'"

Ryo gulped, but a smile still remained on his face. "Says the one on their knees in front of me right now."

Akira was the one to laugh at this, falling to his side and clutching his stomach as he burst into a fit of giggles. Using the counter to stable himself as he got up, Akira wiped the tears that had began to form from his eyes and picked up the knife once more. "Come on. Let's finish this already."

Ryo nodded, and the two of them resumed chopping the ingredients, stealing glances from time to time and chuckling under their breaths. Finally finished, the two boys examined their work.

Ryo's side was neat; even and crisp like his hair; a borderline bowl cut. Akira's side was, as Ryo called it, an effort.

One look, and Ryo started laughing. Akira smacked his arm. "Stop laughing!" But he was laughing as well, despite trying to keep a stern face.

Still laughing, Ryo poured the broth into the pot. He spoke in between gasps for air. "Le-Let's boil th-the b-broth."

Every second of eye contact they shared sent them into new fits of laughter for new reasons. The progress of the soup was slow, but it was fun. They didn't even notice when Ryo's mom made her way into the kitchen.

"Good... morning?"

Ryo stopped stirring the soup, (and attempted to stop giggling, but failed) and smiled when he saw his mom. "Good morning! Here, let me help you sit down."