Chapter 4

Once I'd stripped myself of my wet clothes I hung them to dry and went looking for a clean uniform. It was hard to see since all I had was one lantern lit. The rain pounded the flimsy glass doors as the storm raged on outside and I tried with every fiber of my being to stay calm.

I've hated storms ever since I was little, but I love the rain. I walk a very fine line. I don't understand how people find lighting and loud booms of thunder relaxing.

My hands began to shake as I sifted though the uniforms in the closet.

"Finally!" I almost shouted in relief as I found a pair of undergarments in my size.

Slipping on the purple halter and matching underwear over my damp bear body I felt a little warmer.

"Now for my uniform..." I whispered to myself as my shakey hands continued their search.

Five minutes had passed and I'd only managed to find pants, so I put them on and continued my search.

We seriously need to clean and organize this closet...

I thought in annoyance.

"Found you."

Whipping around I saw Haku leaning on the door frame with his arms crossed, wearing an annoyed expression.

Remembering I was only in my halter and pants I blushed. I opened my mouth to speak when the largest crash of thunder rang out though the sky. Wanting so badly to run to him and hold him tight, but instead I whipped myself around and hid my head in the pile of clothes in the closet.

"I-I'm busy!" I managed to say though a quivering voice.

"Fear of storms, classic." I heard Haku's smug remark from across the room.

This was the worst situation. One of my biggest fears was finally revealed to him and on top of that I wasn't even wearing a proper shirt. And my hair was still soaked!

Regaining my composure I turned to face Haku, who was still leaning on the threshold.

"Did you need something?" I asked, trying to sound as if I didn't care. I turned to shut the closet, seeing I wouldn't get anything done as long as he was here. I'd simply have to postpone my search once he left.

"Remember earlier today when I said I was supposed to keep an eye on you and make sure you work hard?" Haku stood up straight and slowly walked in my direction. His eyes were locked on mine and it made me freeze where I stood.

Feeling butterflies erupt in my stomach I knew there was no way I'd be able to respond with words so all I did was nod.

"Well when I see Lin and the other girls working hard downstairs but you're no where to be found that's a little alarming." He was about five feet away from me at this point, but he kept walking. "You're up here, minding you're own business, after you'd taken a break to go see Kamaji, it's something valid for punishment by Yubaba."

I'd seen many sides of Haku, but I'd never seen this one, he was a whole different person. His posture exuded dominance and his eyes never left mine. His voice was filled with power and a hint of an emotion I couldn't place.  I on the other hand had shriveled like a leaf in the fall. Pressed up against the closet shaking in fear from him and the storm.

If it was his goal to scare, he had me right where he wanted me.

"Haku I just got caught in the rain, I was going to go down once I found my uniform!" I managed to sputter out in fear.

He stopped only a foot in front of me, towering over my form. His eyes still hammering into mine. Haku broke eye contact for only a split second to look at what I was wearing and the state that my hair was in. Then he continued to stare at me.

I was determined to win whatever challenge we were in right now. I stared back with as much spite as he was he was staring with at me. I'd almost forgotten about the storm... almost.

A flash of lightning flickered across the sky and a gigantic crash of thunder shook the room. Blind with terror I lurched forward and wrapped my arms around Haku's torso.

The second I realized what I was doing I stepped back, shaking in fear and disbelief. I couldn't look him in the eyes anymore.

"I think you should go, I'll find my uniform and go back to help the others." I said quickly, staring at my feet.

"I should hope so. If I don't see you down there soon I'll tell Yubaba to punish you more harshly." Haku informed me and my head lifted quickly, to stare at him in disbelief.

"I'm still getting punished?" I questioned.

"I'll be nice this one time and tell a Yubaba to give you a less intense punishment, but mark my words. Next time this happens you're gone." He whipped around and left the room with lightning crakling outside.

I released the biggest sigh of relief that had been stored in my chest and slid down against the closet.

I guess I better find my uniform top, and fast!

HELLLOOOO EVERYBODY! I hope you are all enjoying this story so far! I don't know if you guys get updated when I edit a chapter, but I apologize if you do! I don't want you guys to think I've updated when I haven't, because that'd be upsetting! But I just like to go back every once in a while and work in or take out minor, or tedious, plot points, or to fix grammatical errors. Anyway, I should be updating soon so look out for that! Toodles!!