Chapter 10

I ran quickly out of the establishment and looked down the street.

Where could she have possibly gone?!

Freaking out just a liiiitle bit I looked both ways and saw no sign of Chihiro and who apparently was her husband. Suddenly I heard a car door shut and I whipped around. I saw Chihiro's husband shut a car door and walk around to the drivers side of the car.

Shoot!

I ran quickly towards the car. However I wasn't quick enough... The car sped off before I could reach even the passenger window.

"Fuck..." I muttered to myself, running a hand through my hair, watching the car disappear into the night. "What do I tell Haku?! 'Oh hey! While I was at dinner I saw the love of your life eating with her husband! Oh and I've actually known Chihiro for years except my shitty spirit-world faded memory can't remember shit! So sorry I couldn't help you earlier!'" I ranted silently to myself on the curb of the street.

I paced up and down the road trying to think of ways to break it to Haku.

"Fuck it..." I mumbled, stomping back in the direction of the hotel.

~~

As I swung open the big doors to the hotel I made eye contact with the lady at the front desk.

Please just don't say anything lady, I'm not in the mood...

I kept my head low as I sped walked towards the elevators.

"Did you have a good evening Mrs. Spirit?" The lady asked in a cheery tone.

My head was so full of thoughts and anxiety I almost yelled at her... almost. Instead I turned around and forced my mouth into a smile.

"Just peachy." I replied through gritted teeth, getting too frustrated to wait for the elevator and instead just stomping up the stairs to the room. 

"'Mrs. Spirit'... psh what a stupid name, couldn't Yubaba think of a more natural sounding surname... ugh..." Even our fake last name was getting on my nerves tonight.

By the time I'd reached the door I was slightly out of breath from angry-stomping up the stairs. I pounded on the door impatiently, anxiety rising in my throat. 

"Who is it?" Asked a slightly annoyed sounding Haku from the other side of the door.

"Take a wild guess Haku." I retorted angrily, crossing my arms and stomping my feet.

"Oh, you're back..." Haku responded.

I heard the door unlock and it swung open with none other than Haku on the other side. He was wearing a plain white shirt and light grey and teal flannel pajama pants. 

He looks so cute dressed so casually! AH FUCK WAIT NO! I'M FRUSTRATED! ACT LIKE IT RIN!

"Evening sir." I brushed past Haku and into the room.

"Sir, huh?" He asked in a cocky tone, locking the door and turning to face me, a stupid smirk on his face.

You have no right to be this cocky! I'm upset! I'm mad cause you've never realized my feelings for you and it's driving me slowly insane! I'm forced to bicker and fight with you and now the one girl you've ever truly loved is married! 

I stood there, just... staring at Haku. Finally I realized that Haku too had emotions and feelings... feelings for Chihiro. Feelings that were probably stronger than what I had for him... 

"What?" He asked, his smirk fading as he walked towards me.

"I... I um... I saw..." My words failed me and anxiety raked through my body. 

My hands began to tremble. 

I don't want to make Haku sad... or angry... but he has a right to know!

"Spit it out Rin." He said harshly.

"I saw... I saw Chihiro!" I squeezed my eyes shut and prepared myself for impact.

But... nothing came. Slowly opened my eyes to see Haku beaming. A huge, genuine smile was plastered across his face.

"No, Haku I don't think you understand-" I was cut off.

"That's great! Why didn't you tell me?! How does she look? Healthy? Has her hair grown? Does she still wear it up?" He raved like a school boy. 

What I said next broke my heart, and most likely his too.

"Haku... She was with her husband..."

MWUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH! HI I'M BACK! I hope you all enjoyed this slightly short chapter! I'm still working on the Howl x Reader!!! I'm ranking in about 14,000 words now! It'll be up within the next few weeks if you're wondering! And since I'm on summer break now I can update more!!! So I'll be writing more! Yay! Anyway, hope you all enjoyed this chapter!!! Toodles!!!