Chapter 8

Haku and I had found ourselves in a small town. This was my town. 

Before I came to the spirit world I was going to move in with my mother and sister. I had been living with my aunt across the country because my mother wanted to move near her old childhood friend, but she didn't want me to leave the school I was at, since it was a very prestigious. My mom's friend also had a daughter that was my sister's age and they wanted to reconnect as well. 

Wanting to be with my sister and mom again my mom agreed two years later, moving me to a smaller high school to finish my last two years.

The day I moved in my sister and mom took me around the small town. We explored the forest and that's when we found the spirit world. But now the two people I yearned to be with were gone.

These thoughts flooded my mind and tears stung my eyes.

"Wha- Are you crying?" Haku asked in slight disbelief.

"No, it's nothing." I said quickly wiping my eyes. "We should find a hotel." I said, trying to change the topic.

"If you say so." Haku replied. 

I lead Haku to the only hotel in town. It wasn't five star but it was cozy and well kept. 

"Please let me do the talking." I whispered to Haku before walking into the hotel.

"Welcome! How may I help you tonight?" The lady at the counter asked with a smile.

"Good evening! We'd like to book a room for a few nights. Do you have any openings by chance?" I asked politely.

The lady gave me a some what knowing look, but I didn't know exactly what she 'knew'.

"Ah, a last minute honeymoon, let me check our room availabilities." The lady smiled and typed something into her computer.

I felt my cheeks burn and I looked down at my feet. 

So that's what she was thinking...!

"Honeymoon?" Haku whispered in my ear. "Does she think we're-"

"Ah! Here we are, how does a master couples suite sound? It has a nice bathroom, a king sized bed and a balcony." The lady told us before Haku could finish his sentence, and thank god she did, I was not looking forward to answering his question. 

However I noticed something wrong with what she offered.

"Oh, um could we actually get a room with two beds-"

"That sounds perfect, we'll take that room." Haku cut me off and I whipped my head to look at him in disbelief. 

He kept an unfazed poker face as he spoke.

"Of course! And how many nights will you be staying?"

"Three please." Haku stated. 

"Great, that'll be 21,300 yen per night-"

"Here." Haku harshly placed a stack of bills down on the counter before the lady could finish her sentence. 

I looked and the bills and my eyes widened.

That's a lot of money!! That's way more than enough for three nights here!

"O-Oh my, sir, if you want we could upgrade you!" The lady said, obviously startled by the copious amounts of cash Haku had just placed on the counter. 

"That won't be necessary. That money should cover our costs for our stay. My wife and I would like to go to our room now." Haku stated, I could tell he was getting annoyed but something he'd said made my heart go into a frenzy.

HIS WIFE?!

"Of course sir, and your name?" The lady asked.

"Haku Spirit, and my wife Rin Spirit." Haku told her.

Yubaba must've told him to use 'Spirit' as our surnames... but she couldn't have mentioned what our public relationship should be... why did he say  wife?!

My mind raced as the exchange continued.

"Wonderful. And your room will be room 402, up on the forth floor. Enjoy your stay Mr and Mrs Spirit." She gave us each a close-eyes smiled and handed Haku a key card.

The moment Haku received the card he nodded his head in thanks, shoved the card into his suit pocket, grabbed his bag and grabbed me by my wrist, pulling me after him.

When we reached the elevator he released his grip on me.

"Do you want to address what just happened back there?!" I asked a little harshly.

"That woman smelt awful..." Haku stated in disgust.

"That's why you were in such a hurry? Never mind, the fact that you called me your wife?!" I prodded. 

"Oh that, it seemed to be a clever way to establish a relationship for this world. We can't just be two people looking for someone, we have to blend in." Haku explained to me. Before he continued he looked at me and smirked. "And don't worry, I'm here for Chihiro, I'd never even imagine the thought of marrying you. Human." 

Just then the elevator opened and Haku walked in. It took me a second to get over the emotional bullet that just shot my heart, but after a second I jogged into the elevator after Haku. 

HOLA BITCHES! Sorry for like disappearing! I just needed like a small break to focus more on my mental health and school work! I hope you guys understand! However I've gotten back in the groove and should be posting chapters semi-often again! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, sorry it was kinda short, its gonna take me a minute to get back into the groove again! Toodles!!