Chapter 18

I didn't notice I'd fallen asleep until I woke up.

Blinking my sleepy eyes I sat up and looked around. I felt something warm around my waist and noticed Haku had his arm wrapped around me. A small smile crept onto my face.

I glanced around the room that I had wound up in. The bed I was in with Haku was big and comfortable and there was a small window at the far side of the room which allowed the pale moonlight drip into the room.

This must be Zeniba's guest room...

Laying back down I burrowed under the covers and turned to face Haku. His face was still and peaceful and his breathing kept a steady rhythm. Unable to resist the urge to brush his bangs from his eyes, I reached out to him and gently tucked his hair behind his ears.

With my action Haku's face stirred. I was about to put my hand back at my side when Haku grabbed my hand softly in his, interlacing our fingers.

"Making a move on me while I sleep? That hardly seems fair." Haku's voice had a deep tired grain in it that tickled my ears in a delightful way.

The moonlight highlighted Haku's cheeky grin when he spoke.

"You wish." I joked back softly.

"Come here." Haku said, gently pulling me closer to him and wrapping his arms around me. "Let's get some more sleep, we have a big day ahead of us."

And with those words I drifted back to sleep in Haku's safe and warm embrace.

The following morning I woke up to Zeniba's voice breaking into my dreams.

"Rise and shine you two and grab some breakfast!" She called out to Haku and I before exiting the room

We both sat up in the bed.

"Let's hurry, we don't want to waste any time." Haku informed me through a yawn as he stood up.

I smiled at his back, knowing he'd never break from his strict ways.

"Alright then Dragon Boy, let's go." I smirked as I walked to the door, hearing an airy laugh escape Haku's mouth.

~~

"Now go officially resign, really stick it to my sister." Zeniba chuckled, ushering us kindly out of her cottage.

Haku transformed outside Zeniba's door.

"Thank you again!" I waved as I mounted Haku.

"You take care now! You're always welcome to visit!" Zeniba waved us off from her doorway as Haku prepared to jump into the sky.

As we flew away I kept waving until Zeniba, No Face, and the whole cottage was completely out of sight.

Sighing in happiness I laid my chin on Haku's soft teal fur, hugging it tightly. Shutting my eyes I felt the cool breeze hit my skin, but Haku's warmth kept me cozy. The flight back seemed shorter.

We reached the bath house just as the sun reached its peak in the sky. We landed just before the bridge and Haku transformed back into his human form. His hand found mine and we started to cross the bridge.

We were completely silent throughout the whole walk to Yubaba's office. Once we reached her giant door Haku released my hand and turned to me.

"This is it (y/n). No turning back now." He told me and I smiled and nodded, encouraging him.

Haku pounded on the door and surprisingly it flew open almost immediately. I jumped at the sudden action, but was reconciled by Haku's hand on the small of my back, ushering me forward alongside him.

We navigate our way through the ornate hallways until we reached Yubaba's office.

Yubaba sat at her desk, fingers intertwined under her chin, elbows resting on her paperwork.

"So you've finally decided to come crawling back now, have you." Yubaba spoke, venom in her words. "I'll have you know I want neither of you working at my bathhouse. So any last words before I turn you traitorous imbeciles into frogs?" She sneered.

"That's not going to happen Yubaba, you no longer own us. We've only come back to tell you we're leaving for good." Haku stated in confidence.

Yubaba's wicked cackle resonated throughout the room.

"You fools think you can just leave?! That useless human is sworn to be my servant through a contract and you Haku, I've planted a very strong bug in your... what... what in the world?! WHERE IS MY BUG? HAKU WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!" Yubaba began to lose her mind.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Haku smile.

"This 'useless human' destroyed it. Serves you right for copying your sisters spell." He retorted.

Yubaba swung her arm across her desk in anger, sending all of her paperwork and knick knacks flying. She furiously ran around her desk and stomped right up to Haku and I. By this point I was shaking out of fear, but I didn't let it show in my face.

"TRUE LOVE?! HA. You've gone soft for yet another human Haku?! Priceless!" She yelled in Haku's face. "And YOU. I've had just about enough of you! Ruining my bathhouse and turning my servants against me!" She seethed, making eye contact with me.

"Too bad you don't control either of us anymore." I told her with as much courage as I could muster.

"Very funny Rin." Yubaba snorted.

"Actually, it's not Rin, its (y/n)." I smirked.

Yubaba's face went white.

"But h-how did you-" Yubaba charged back to her desk and flung open her desk drawer, throwing papers left and right until she sat back in her chair, defeated. "Your contract... is gone..." She stated in disbelief.

"I believe we'll be taking our leave now." Haku stated proudly.

We both turned and walked out of Yubaba's office, leaving her in shock at her disheveled desk.

Once we'd gotten out of the bathhouse I couldn't help but wrap my arms around Haku. He returned the gesture by hugging me back. We stood like this for a matter of minutes before I took a step back.

"What about Lin, and Kamaji?" I asked.

"They'll be alright. They've come this far." He smiled down at me reassuringly.

"So where to now?" I asked, beaming up at Haku.

"Wherever the wind takes us (y/n)."

OH MY GOD! I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THE LAST CHAPTER! This story was genuinely so much fun to write and I'm so glad you all enjoyed it as much as you did! I'll be coming out with a Howl's Moving Castle fanfiction shortly (I know I've been saying that for a while, but this time I mean it haha). I really hope you guys liked this chapter and I hope you all go check out some of my other works if you liked what you read here! Well I guess this is my last author's note for this book! Toodles!