The World of Rapture (from a little sisters eyes) Chp. 1

Hi everyone I love BioShock 2 so I decided to write a story in a little sisters eyes. I hope you like it and vote, comment, add it to your reading lists, and fan me. Some characters, statements, items, and places are from the games, I DO NOT OWN THEM!! Thanks for reading, and once again I hope you like it.

                      North Carolina, the beautiful state that I live in. I have a family of four if I count myself. I have a mother Melissa 25, a father Dave 27, and an older sister Jane 15. Today we are going to a gathering to learn more about this new place called Rapture. I slowly take my mother's hand, my other hand clutches onto my doll. My older sister scoffs at the sight of me even though I'm only 6. I shake my head and walk down to the car with my mother. My father and sister join us, and soon we are driving to the gathering. I sit in my seat watching the road when I ask "Mother, are we going to move to Rapture?" Mother is sitting in the passenger side so she turns to me and says "Yes, tomorrow." My sister gets in front of my face and says "Why do think we were packing dodo?" I sit there deciding not to reply to her retort. "I don't want to move underwater mom!" My mother takes my hand and says "I know. It's scary for all of us, but it will be much nicer once we know who is moving there and when you meet new little girls to play with." I think about this for a moment. I don't have very many friends, so that doesn't really make me feel any better. "I don't really have and friends and what if they all the new girls turn out to be mean like Jane?" "What if all the new teenage girls turn out to be creeps like you Lily?" My sister adds. "Now, Lily and Jane! Stop it! When we get there you better be on your best behavior! Do you understand?!" My mother yells. I clutch my doll tightly and nod, my sister laughs coldly and says yes. I think about how Rapture might look, it could look like our house but bigger, or it could have fish and coral. I don't know, but I guess I'll see tomorrow. By the time my mom is sure that we're going to stop fighting, we're at the gathering. I hold my doll up to my chest more scared than ever. I slowly get out of the car and hide behind my father. He tries to push me in front of him, but I refuse. We walk towards the large gathering and wait for a man named Andrew Ryan to appear behind the podium. I look down at my doll and say "If only there was a hidey hole." My sister then steps over to me and says "Yeah, like that's going to save you from your ridiculousness." I stand there and quietly cry, not really knowing why she hated and treated me this way. I try to get my act together and wipe away my tears. Once my tears stop streaming down my face, I look up and see who I think is the man called Andrew Ryan, walk up to the podium. I then listen very carefully as to what he is saying, "I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No' says the man of Washington 'it belongs to the poor', 'no' says the man in the Vatican 'it belongs to god', 'no' says the man in Moscow 'it belongs to everyone'. I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well." Everyone begins to clap and cheer and then it all goes silent,  he then starts talking again "I'm sorry to tell you that we will be moving to Rapture today, so pack your things and meet back here at 12 o clock sharp." My mother gasps and rushes us into the car, I really don't understand the whole rush because we packed everything up already.

                   Once we are on the road, driving home I ask my mother "Why are we in a rush, we have everything packed." She turns around with a kind of sad look and says "Well, we have to pack all of our boxes into the car, and we have to say goodbye to the friends and family that aren't coming with us. And I can't come with you guys." She then quickly turns around. Tears start welling up in my eyes and I say "But mother why?" She turns around with tears rolling down her cheeks, takes my trembling hand, and says "I can't because when we went to go get checked for our clearance to go and they said I couldn't, but daddy's going with you guys." I think of when we'll have to get on the submarine and of our final goodbyes to mother. I hug my doll securely to my chest and cry, not knowing if we'll ever return to the surface after we go to Rapture. We make it to the house and I help pack the boxes into the car, sniffling the whole time. I take an old picture of Jane and I, and hang it in the living room for my mother. Once we finish loading all the boxes into the car, my mother decides to ride with us to the submarine. I sit there, sniffling quietly trying not to disturb my mother's peace at this moment. I turn and look at Jane, beautiful, brown hair flowing down to her waist, sapphire blue eyes staring at her hands, fingernails painted a soft pink, and lips red from her smooth lip gloss. But just then, as I look at her radiant eyes I notice one small drop, a tear, fall onto her skirt. I put my small hand on her shoulder, she looks up from her hands and smiles. "Sorry." She whispers. "I'm sorry too." I whisper back. Some of her hair has fallen in front of her face, so I tuck it behind her ear. Soon after that we come to a stop. I look back toward the windshield and see 6 submarines lined up with small attachments on the back. I turn to look at Jane, she looks at me and says "I miss home." I hug her and say "Things may be different but we're still family, and our old home is in here." I then point to her heart. She smiles, laughs even. My father opens my car door and says "You might not want to move to Rapture, but it will be much better when we start to know all our new companions. Oh! And you need to help me unpack the boxes." I try to smile while unpacking the boxes and putting them in that little attachment that was hanging off the back of the sub. Jane moves slow because she still really doesn't want to move to Rapture. We finish unloading, and lastly, it's time to say our final goodbye to our mother. I hug her tightly, give her a quick kiss on the cheek and say goodbye. But then, something overcomes me, fear, loss of love, I don't know what is was, but I scream "Mother!" And try to run towards her, my father drags me back towards the sub. He wins and we get into the submarine. Then we are engulfed in water.