Chp. 6

Please remember that some of the characters, statements, items, and places are from the games, I DO NOT OWN THEM!!!! I hope you've liked reading this so far and thanks for reading.

            Dreams, how cruel they can be. I sleep there, in the vent close to daddy, not ever wanting to leave his side. But I know that sometime, whenever that maybe, I'm going to have to leave. Slowly waking up, thinking back to the dream I just had, which really wasn't a dream, it actually happened. I softly cry, then peek my head out of the opening. No big sisters, no splicers, just my dead big daddy. Hopping out of the vent, I think about how much daddy meant to me. I walk to his still body and rip off a piece of leather that has has a triangle placed in the middle. "I love you daddy." I whisper to him, even the he can't hear me, but in my heart, he will always be listening to my thoughts and sayings, then I add "Daddy, I will forever miss you.". I place the leather in my pocket with my big sister picture, give him a quick kiss on his helmet, then say my final goodbye. I stand there for moment, taking in the fact, that he is gone forever, and he will never return to me. Putting his hands on his chest, I whisper "Mother loves you." Then walk back to the vent and climb in.

        I crawl around in the vent for at least and hour, then I feel it would be a good idea to climb out. Thinking of this that make me happy I start to sing Mr. Bubbles, but then think, not even my favorite things make me happy. I walk, shoulders slumped head down, not wishing for tomorrow or any other day, but only wishing for it all to end. Walking and walking, on and on, until, I hear it, that loud high pitched scream. I look all around me, in search on my friend, but cannot find it. I see her come running in. Then she abruptly stops, takes off her helmet, and says "Lily?!" I smile for a moment, run over and jump into her metal protection, she almost puts on her helmet when I say "Wait, I have some terrible news to tell you." She holds her helmet in her hands and says "What is it?" I push her hair behind her ear then say "Jane, daddy is dead." Her smile drops and she says "Real daddy?" I quickly nod. She sobs a little, then puts on her helmet. Running and jumping like lightning, I watch her as we streak through Rapture. Father's death has made me extremely sad, but finding Jane made me happy again. We go from place to place gathering food and supplies, for Jane and I. We finally finish and Jane put's me in a hidey hole, then sits in front of it to make sure she doesn't lose me again. I sleep peacefully and dream of happy things.

This is my shortest chapter in this book and I'm so sorry for that, but my brain is not writing as well as I would like it to so I'm going to try to start back up tomorrow. I hope you've liked the book so far, and thanks again for reading! : D