12

ACT THREE

INT. SCPD STATION- SHANE'S OFFICE – DAY

Roman sits in front of an infuriated Shane.

SHANE

You want to tell me why I'm getting calls about my so-called vigilantes running loose on the streets?

ROMAN

We were working the robbery cases.

SHANE

There's just one thing you seem to be forgetting. You're no longer on active patrol duty. I could have you arrested for obstruction, assault, and destruction of property.

ROMAN

Meanwhile, the criminals get away again and the SCPD loses even more respect.

SHANE

And you think you three can do a better job?

ROMAN

We need reinforcements more than ever with Stephanie running for mayor. We are the best shot this force has. You know that.

SHANE

You let me deal with my sister and worry about keeping your job. I vouched for you when everyone else told me to let you go. I put my neck on the line for you. If I hear a peep about your bloodhounds causing any more problems, this time I won't hesitate. Are we clear?

ROMAN

Yes, sir.

INT. SCPD STATION – DAY

Roman leaves Shane's office, a dozen thoughts running through his head. And then here comes Captain Joe.

JOE

The Chief finally taking out the trash? Good riddance.

It's taking all the strength in Roman's body not to kick the smile off of his face.

ROMAN

Nice badge. I always wondered how you got it. Must have cost you an arm and a leg.

That made Joe's smile fade away.

ROMAN (CONT'D)

(fun and games over)

You can play captain all you want, but I know who you really work for.

Joe moves close enough to speak in Roman's ear.

JOE

Prove it.

He walks away just as OFFICER TAMINA walks over.

TAMINA

Those guys you were looking for? We just got an anonymous tip on their location. Saw the license plate and called it in.

She hands him the address. Roman has a decision to make.

EXT. OUTSIDE SCPD STATION – DAY

Dean and Seth wait outside the building, a noticeable distance between them.

Roman exits the building.

SETH

What's the verdict?

ROMAN

If we're going down we might as well go down with a fight. I just got a tip. Says the suspects were spotted going west.

DEAN

That doesn't make any sense. When I saw them, they were headed south.

ROMAN

Maybe the police caught a whiff of their scent and they took a different route.

DEAN

I don't know. Something doesn't feel right.

SETH

Clocks ticking. What's our next move?

Dean and Roman look at each other.

ROMAN

West it is.