13

EXT. SHAWN'S HOME – DAY

Dolph drags his luggage and guitar out of his car and kicks his door shut.

The front door of a quaint, rustic house opens. SHAWN MICHAELS steps out onto the porch with a big smile.

SHAWN

Welcome home.

INT. SHAWN'S HOME - DINING ROOM – NIGHT

Shawn and Dolph sit at the table eating dinner.

SHAWN

So, how's the music life treating you?

DOLPH

I have the opportunity of a lifetime, but there's still that nagging thought in the back of my head telling me this is just another road to nowhere.

SHAWN

Maybe you should consider going in a different direction.

DOLPH

And what direction would that be? The unemployment line?

SHAWN

What are you doing tonight?

DOLPH

Other than getting overshadowed by the world's biggest egomaniac, I'm free for a few hours.

SHAWN

Let's go for a ride.

INT. THE DREAM – NIGHT

Shawn makes his way through the friendly, country grill. A band on stage plays old-school country.  Dolph follows behind him, clearly out of his element.

DOLPH

This is your new spot, huh? I was picturing something...more.

SHAWN

You know me. I'm not a flashy guy.

DOLPH

Right.

They walk up to the counter and meet MICKIE JAMES.

SHAWN

Miss James. Always a pleasure.

MICKIE

Likewise.

SHAWN

I'd like you to meet a good friend of mine, Dolph Ziggler. He's a musician.

MICKIE

Any good?

SHAWN

Only one way to find out.

He looks at Dolph. Dolph realizes what's happening here.

DOLPH

Maybe some other time. I have a big show tonight...

SHAWN

All the better to warm-up.

(to Mickie)

He's going to need to borrow a guitar.

INT. THE DREAM – MOMENTS LATER

Dolph is now strapped with an acoustic guitar, waiting as Mickie moves to the stage.

DOLPH

I'm all for broadening my audience, but this might be pushing it a little.

SHAWN

What do you have to lose? Go out there and do what you do best. Steal the show.

MICKIE

Ladies and gentlemen, please give a warm welcome to a new friend of mine, Dolph Ziggler.

Dolph gets up on stage to polite applause. He plugs in. Adjusts the mic while surveying the crowd. Then he goes for it full throttle.

DOLPH

(singing)

I'M HERE TO SHOW THE WORLD.

He gauges the crowd. They're confused, but too kind to show they're not feeling it. He's not winning them over.

EXT. THE DREAM – MOMENTS LATER

Dolph storms out. Shawn follows behind.

SHAWN

Dolph, wait up.

DOLPH

Do you know how humiliating that was? I looked like an idiot up there.

SHAWN

I'm trying to teach you that you don't need a sold-out stadium to be a musician. All of that pyro and flash? That's not music. Whatever you're looking for, you've got to go deeper than that.

DOLPH

Says Mr. Showstopper himself.

SHAWN

I made a choice to determine what's really important to me and that wasn't it. It's time for you to make the same decision.

Dolph contemplates this for a moment. Then --

DOLPH

I have a show to get to.

He heads for Shawn's truck.