Act 1 Scene 1: Beneath Mount Hyrule

Long ago, two races ruled over the Earth - humans and monsters. One day, war broke out between the two races. Both sides fought bravely, however, after a long battle, the humans were victorious. They sealed the monsters underground with a magic spell. Many years later... At Mount Hyrule, year 201X... A child climbed the mountain, for reasons unknown... Legends say those who climb the mountain never return. This is the story that begins our tale, a tale that will span two timelines, one full of hope, the other, pain. Our main character, the child, name currently unknown... Let's call them Chara for now, had climbed the mountain, as many had before. None of them returned.

Within a cave about halfway between the base and the peak, Chara discovered a deep hole, one he could not see the bottom of. The soft breeze teasing his golden-brown hair beneath his green pointed hat, he crept towards the edge, hoping to catch a glimpse of what lay down there. He inched forwards, testing how far he could get without losing his footing. One foot wrong, and he's as good as dead.

Well, at least, that's what he thinks. 

Unbeknownst to Chara, the rocks beneath him were crumbling from the weight piled on top of them. One by one the pieces were tumbling into the darkness below, the vines tangled around them doing nothing to save them from the fall. Chara's foot caught on the roots and stems surrounding the hole, and he tripped, grumbling to himself as he attempted to remove them. Out of nowhere, the stone beneath him crumbled, dropping him down, down, down into the abyss below, the plants tangled around his ankles left torn and hanging helplessly above the darkness as he fell, crying out in fear and disappearing into the void.

~

Air flew past Chara as he fell, tumbling over and over as he tried to figure out which way was up and which way was down. In the darkness, they were one and the same. He twisted himself in midair, looking up at the ever-shrinking circle of light he knew was the opening of the hole in the cave floor. How long had he been falling? Just how far down did the abyss go? What was at the bottom? The realm of monsters that all the myths and legends had told him? But those were just myths right?

Right?

Terrified, Chara sent a prayer to the three goddesses of the human race, Din, Goddess of Power, Nayru, Goddess of Wisdom, and Farore, Goddess of Courage, in the hopes of surviving the fall. Any screams he could have made were ripped from his throat by the wind he made as he plummeted into the unknown.

THUMP

Chara cried out softly as he landed heavily on his back, expecting to hit hard stone, but instead he hit a bed of something soft. Confused, he pushed himself up, scanning his gaze around the cavern until his eyes come to rest upon the bed of oversized golden flowers he had landed on. One hand cupped around one of the flowers, buttercups, and he looked up towards the light shining down on him like a spotlight, wincing from the pain in his spine.

"Ugh... Where am I? How far did I fall?"

Slowly, he pushed himself to his feet, trying to take care to avoid crushing the flowers. Glancing around, curious but nervous, Chara followed one of the walls of the cave, every now and then looking back to the flowers, wondering if he should stay there to let someone find him. Curiosity got the better of him, however, and he explored further and further from the flowerbed, peeking around a stone door, only seeing a small patch of grass up ahead. Another door stood closed at the other side of the grass, and as Chara walked towards it, still looking around with wide eyes, he didn't notice another buttercup spring up, this one much larger than the others, looking more like a small sunflower with her 1.06 metres, or 3 foot 6, of height and more shaped like a human woman with white hair adorned with a ruby, leaves gathered around her waist and wrists, and her toes rooted to the ground.