Chapter Four

"Thank you for an awesome weekend," I hugged my great grandma at the gate of the airport

"Visit soon, I don't get to see enough of you," she replied.

"I'll try," I whispered. I let her go and she went on to Hannah. After they good-byes, Hannah and I boarded our plane and began our journey home.

-

"Got your bag?" Hannah asked at the bag return.

"Here it comes," I said, watching as my grey suitcase slowly advanced towards me. I grabbed it as it went by and put it on the floor, dragging it behind me. We travelled out to long-term parking and found our truck. After piling all our bags in the bed, we took off towards home.

As we pulled into the driveway, something caught my eye.

"Wait, really?" I asked, looking at the 'For Sale' sign next to the driveway. "Shut up! Are we moving to Kentucky?"

Hannah smiled. "I think we can make it work."

-

"What about the horses?" I asked, throwing my bags onto the counter. "School? The farm?"

"Slow down there, Em, you're starting to sound like you don't want to move," Hannah laughed.

"Are you kidding?" I exclaimed. "This is the best thing that's happened to me! I already have friends a-and... Oh, Hannah, thank you!"

I tackled her in a hug and laughed. "So, where do we start?"

Hours later, we finally had all the horse's sales ads up. We had two sales set up for tonight, and requests for a bunch of other horses flooded the inbox.

"When are we moving in?" I asked as we ate chinese takeout on the couch.

"Hopefully you'll be moved in by the end of the month, if everything goes smoothly. I made arrangements with a trailering company in Kentucky, who will come down and get the horses we don't sell," we explained. "I won't be able to leave until all the horses are taken care of. And, don't worry about school, you'll finish your courses online. If you work hard I think you'll be done at the end of May."

"I'll go do that," I jumped up. "Might as well start working now."

I hurried off to my room and pulled out my laptop, trying to get some work done. But my excitement won over and I ended up blasting music while starting to pack my things. Riding clothes in this suitcase, pants and shorts in this one, shirts in this one, so on.

I ended up keeping some of my clothes in some laundry baskets, but the stuff I knew I wasn't going to wear in the next two weeks was packed up. I didn't have any boxes, so I couldn't pack up my sheets or anything, but I think I did plenty of work for tonight.

"Good news," Hannah shouted as she poked her head into my room. I turned my music down. "Both Chance and Winston's sales went through. Then Winston's new owner saw Dainty and couldn't leave without her."