Chapter Twelve

"So, you're official?" Hannah asked that night over dinner

"So, you're official?" Hannah asked that night over dinner. "Can't say I'm really surprised."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I laughed as I picked through my salad.

"Oh, come on," she smiled. "You guys have been all over each other since before we moved here. I mean, the first day you met each other, he took you on a date."

"Not true," I said. She gave me a pointed look. "Not true!"

She just shrugged and tried to hide a smile. "Whatever," she said. "So, good session today with Titan, huh?"

"Yeah," I grinned. "We still have lots of work to do, but I'm very proud of him."

"You should be," she said as she ate a slice of cucumber. She loved cucumbers. "Patience is key, though. Don't rush things. But you knew that. What's your plan for tomorrow? It's a Friday, so that means takeout for dinner."

"Leo has a half day of school tomorrow because it's his last day, so I was going to pick him up at noon and go to get ice cream. Then we were going to come back here and do some jump schooling with Dublin and Vegas."

"Okay," Han agreed. "I'll be doing sales all day. I have like, ten meetings booked for tomorrow."

"Really?" I asked. "Business picking up?"

"Horses are in high demand at the moment, apparently," she shrugged. "I don't know."

We continued chatting throughout dinner. Turns out we had another pregnant mare and a new stallion at the breeding barn, and we'd have two new boarders by next weekend. Also, in a couple of weeks, we'd be hosting a dressage show.

"Alright, I have some Grey's Anatomy waiting for me," I stretched as I stood up. I put all the empty dishes in the sink and headed back to my room. "Goodnight! I love you!"

She called back to me, and I shut my bedroom door. I turned on my TV and started the next episode of Grey's Anatomy. I was halfway through the episode when my phone started ringing. It was a FaceTime request from Molly.

"AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!" she squealed when I answered the call. I flinched and lowered my phone volume. "Emilyyyyyyyy, why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what?" I asked, watching her smile grow bigger. "Oh. Right. Leo and I are a thing now."

"Let me just say, I am the sole reason you two are together," she bragged. I laughed.

"No, not really," I admitted. "That was all us."

"Let me guess," she started. "He got all stuttery and couldn't talk so you cut him off with a kiss and boom, you're dating."

"That's only, like, half true," I said. "He actually kissed me first."

"He WHAT!?" she exclaimed, her eyes getting huge. "Leo made the first move? Wow, I would have never guessed that."

"Isn't it weird talking about your brother like this?" I asked. "It has to be a bit awkward, right? I mean, he's your brother."