In ten years we will laugh about that

After failing a heist, Joker and Y/n were arguing loudly in the bedroom. He was so mad at her for being so clumsy and stupid. She was the reason why he couldn't have plenty of cash.

„You're so useless and stupid, couldn't you just do what I told you?!"

Joker yelled at her and she only shook her head. Normally she was always submissive to him and never questioned nor yelled at him. But she was also in rage.

„If it wasn't me, you'd be dead by now!"

She yelled back and Jokers mouth hung open.

„How dare you speak to me like that? You forgot who you are, brat?"
„Who am I?"

She still had the nerve to push it and Jokers eyes clouded with anger and rage.

„Listen to me you bitch, YOU are the cause of this. You're always in my way and I'm fucking sick of it!"

Y/n got silent after this. She hated when he was mad, especially at her. It was true that she was one of the reasons why the heist didn't go as it was planned. But she rescued his life and managed to get out with him and all of the henchman without a single more scratch.
Sadly Joker didn't believe her when she tried to tell him what she did. He only believed that she, a little girl caused him all the trouble. He blamed it all on her.

After some more fighting, he had enough and told her to sleep somewhere else for the night.
She did what she was told and left him alone to cool down a little bit.

The next day, Joker didn't speak a single word to her and avoided her. He was in his office all day and discussing with Frost how this easy mission could turn into such a disaster.
They were looking at the security camera footage and that's when the realization hit him like a truck. There was a man, pointing his gun at Joker and pulling the trigger. Then Y/n pushed him away and they ran out of the building. After the bullet grazed a tank full of gasoline, the building exploded, but Joker, Y/n and all his men were still alive.

Joker was shocked and in trance. Frost noticed that and carefully placed a hand on his shoulder.

„Sir, everything's alright?"

He blinked a few times and nodded. He told him to leave him alone and Frost immediately obeyed. Y/n really rescued him. Fuck and he was such a dickhead yesterday. But she still made a mistake. Joker cared for her, but he's still a cold hearted monster and can't admit what she did for him and say sorry.

Days passed and Joker have had the strong urge to tell her he's sorry. But every time he tried to say it out loud, the words won't come out and it felt like a invisible hand was choking him.

Soon he was mad at himself at how Y/n made him feel. She bothering his mind and he can't let her get away with that. He had to do something about this problem.

~~~

Joker did something unbelievable, but that's what he's well known for. He was unpredictable and sold Y/n to a crime lord.
He still can see her face so vividly when he thinks about that night, when he came to the bedroom and throw a suitcase on the ground and looked in y/ns confused face. He told her it was over between the two and she had a new place to live. She couldn't believe it when she got escorted to a black SUV and some men she didn't know drove her to a old building.
She couldn't understand any single thing when J tried to tell her what's going on and when her new owner told her everything she had to know.

Joker sold Y/n to a rich and kind man. He often does business with him and thought he'd be good to her. Months passed and there were nights when he missed her in his arms at bedtime or when it was when she bothered him while he was working, just to be with him by his side. He was sure she had gone on too and liked her new owner. Joker knew that there was no guarantee that Y/n and the man were
all good. It was what he told himself every day.
He shrugged all negative and bad thoughts off, with the help of whisky. He didn't notice it himself how he changed because of his loss. But Frost was very worried about his boss.