Part 9

A/N: From now on, I will switch from Takahiro's point of view and Haruki's. I want you to get an understanding of both of their thoughts and feelings. Plus, since they're actions are tied together, you need to know what they're both doing.

(Takahiro's POV)

I slowly opened my eyes. The room was unfamiliar, but my thoughts were too hazy. I remembered crying in front of Haruki. I also remembered going to school the next morning. However, that was all I could bring to the forefront of my mind. Naturally, I didn't feel any pain, so that didn't tell me anything. I looked around, hoping to find out where I was by my surroundings. It sort of reminded me of a hospital, it was white and sterile. Only, this placed seemed...more sinister. I couldn't explain how I knew that.

"Good, you're awake," an oily voice broke through my thoughts. I spun around to find a long-haired man with glasses standing to the side. I tried to move, only to realize I couldn't. Glancing down, I realized I was strapped to the bed. "Yes, you have to be restrained. After all, you won't have control of your body. Don't want any more of my men to be injured because of you."

That was when my memories came back. I was at school when they came to take me. I'd fought back and wounded a lot of them. Until that long-haired one shot me in the head. I'd known they weren't good news, but I didn't know just how bad. However, I knew that I was in a laboratory. That was why it looked like a hospital. And if I was brought here, only horrible things go down in a place like this.

I tugged against my restraints. "What happened to my friend? Did you hurt him?" I growled.

The man cocked his head. "Oh, you mean the one who fought like a demon to get you back? Don't worry about him."

"What did you do?!"

"We simply knocked him out. After all, killing humans is illegal."

"Obviously not," I snorted.

He smirked. "We don't consider you human. Besides, you can't die." I was right, I wasn't going to like this at all. This was very bad news.

"How did you know that?" I wondered.

"Did you really think you could die and miraculously survive in such a public place and not have someone like me take notice? Come on, you're not that idiotic." He crossed his arms over his lab coat. "Or, at least, I'd hoped my specimen wouldn't be so stupid. It's so hard to find intelligent test subjects anymore." I frowned. He made it seem as if I wasn't human, as if I was an animal. No matter what he said, I was human.

I glared at him. "I have a name, you know."

He raised his eyebrows. "So? You'll have no need of it here." He then turned and strode away. Before I could say more, he left the room. I sighed and flopped back. I wasn't going to get any answers out of him. Whoever he was, it seemed he didn't care to be humane. I was just his test subject, I didn't have feelings to him. But he was wrong, I did. I thought of Haruki. A small smile tugged my lips. So, he'd tried to save me. He'd risked his own life for me.

A few minutes later, another researcher came into the room. He had a cart full of scientific equipment. He pulled a syringe out and a bottle of some liquid. He began filling the syringe and I started sweating. This couldn't be good. He then injected me in the neck with it. Almost immediately, a searing pain traveled from my neck to the rest of my body. A scream of agony tore through my throat. My body tensed up and spasmed. Foam dripped from my mouth and the darkness quickly took me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Haruki's POV)

I searched everywhere I could. I couldn't find anything on them. Then again, I didn't even know who they were. But I wouldn't give up, never. Takahiro's life was at stake. I didn't know how I knew that, but I felt it. I HAD to save him and soon. I couldn't just give up on him. I couldn't, wouldn't, do that. So, I pushed through it. It felt so hopeless. I felt useless as I continued to spin my wheels without making any progress. It was infuriating. I'd never felt so frustrated before. 

I leaned back in my chair, exhaling heavily. I stared moodily at my computer screen. I glanced at the clock in the bottom right corner. I blinked, shocked, at what it showed. It was already midnight. Rubbing the back of my neck wearily, I continued searching. I didn't care if I lost sleep over this. Takahiro was worth it. I'd gladly give my life if it meant saving him. Just as long as I got to see him one last time. That was all I cared about. I stopped that train of thought. No, I'd also like to see him smile at least once, then I could die for him.

"Where are you, Hiro?" I questioned aloud. I didn't expect an answer, but I was hoping to find something of value. I groaned, dropping my head onto the desk. This was a lot harder than I'd thought it would be. I hadn't expected it to be easy, but still. I needed to find him as soon as possible. Then again, my searching skills weren't all that great. With what little talent I had, I wouldn't even be able to find an umbrella in a haystack. I groaned again, ruffling my already messy hair. I couldn't even remember when I last took a shower. Maybe half a week ago?

I laid my head on my arm, simply thinking about Takahiro. I didn't remember when I started referring to him as Hiro. I'd never called him that to his face. I was too embarrassed, considering we'd never really spoke to one another. I'd been admiring him for so long. I heard the front door open and I sighed. I'd get up to say welcome home to my dad, but I was supposed to be asleep. I hadn't seen him in...well probably since the last time I took a shower, maybe longer. He was on a business trip. But, even if I went downstairs, he wouldn't talk to me. He'd go straight to his bedroom and go to sleep.

I couldn't recall the last time we had a real conversation. Actually, we hadn't spoke in a month. He was too busy. I hadn't spoke to my mom in three months. Whenever I got home, they were always at work. My mom was a doctor, so she was always on call. My dad was the CEO of some corporation. He was always staying late at work and going on business trips. We were hardly at home at the same time. When we were, they were too tired to talk to me. It was lonely. I'd tried to get their attention, but they never noticed. I'd might as well not even have parents. To top it all off, I had no friends. The only person who'd ever speak to me on a regular basis was Takahiro. He lit up my lonely days with his radiant self. With him on my mind, I drifted off.