9-irl

*here we go boys and girls!*

~flossy's pov~~

I walked along the cold winter streets, feeling the cold nip at my skin. The smell and the rush of warm air overcame me as the bakery door flew open, the warmth was brief but welcoming.
My feet plodded through the small puddles on the stone floor as I made my way to Nando's. I was stressing. Was I too formal? Was I too overdressed? What is this guy like? It was only at this point that I realised I've never actually held a real conversation with him, just a few fleeting comments and a little banter.
I pushed on the door lightly, I never knew I'd get here so quick, 6:08, not too bad. I weaved my way in and out of the tables, searching for Simon. A hand waved out in front of me, the owner of the hand being a tall man with silver hair.
I approached the table and took a seat, smiling at the man in front of me to see he was already beaming down at me, a grin plastered on his face. The usual greetings were exchanged before a woman approached the table and gave us two menus and waltzed off.
Small talk was never my strong point, I've always been really quite awkward when meeting a person for the first time, forgetting the fact I've never actually spoke to this guy properly, was it a mistake coming here? Maybe but his blue eyes outshone any others that I've ever seen, they were dangerous, pools of mystery and secrets but somehow warming and welcoming. If this was a mistake, it surely was going to be a good one.
Food was ordered and we sat in silence, surprisingly it wasn't overwhelmingly awkward, but it wasn't a normal, comfortable silence. I looked around the room, seeing if there was anything to make a conversation out of. Nothing. Typical. This was a mistake.
"So, if you're not gonna start a conversation, I suppose I will so we're not sat here in silence like total idiots. How long have you been doing YouTube for?"
Maybe it wasn't a mistake, I'm probably just overthinking everything. The conversation flowed right up to till the food came when we were both quiet for a while, I mean it's Nando's, too good to let it go cold right?

The end of a date, Always the most awkward part isn't it. Is it a handshake? A hug? A kiss? Do I just leave? Do I ask if he wants to come for a coffee? Endless possibilities yet none seem right. I just stood by the door, awkwardly rocking back and forth on my feet as the man stood looking down at me. A warm smile crept onto his face, "so no doubt you know of the sidemen right?"
"Don't flatter yourself Minter, I only heard of you a few days ago."
"Ouch. Well, what are we gonna do now then?"

*A CLIFFHANGER YESSSS, ha. *