17- irl

I slipped the black dress over my head, feeling the material form to my body. I was never one for getting so dressed up just for a meal, but I felt like I had to impress him. I pulled my feet into the heels I had picked out whilst giving myself a one over in the mirror, making sure everything was perfect. I slid back a curl of my hair behind my ear whilst positioning the rest of it until a knock echoed through my apartment. I let out a deep breath and walked to the door.

I swung the door open and was met by Si stood in my doorway dressed in a shirt and black jeans. His eyes noticeably trailed down my body and then back up to my eyes, a look on his face which I didn't recognise. No one has ever looked at me this way before. He gave me a warm smile before breathing out and offering me his hand. No words, really...? Did he not like it? Did I not look good? Was I too overdressed? I shook the thoughts out of my head whilst I grabbed his hand, shutting the door behind me.

He held the car door open for me as I climbed in to the passenger seat. He got himself in his own seat before adjusting his glasses on the bridge of his nose, id never seen him with glasses on, and it made me feel strange, a little warmed inside. I was knocked out of my trance when music came out of the speakers.

"Ready?" He said.
"Ready."

TIMESKIPPPP

We walked up to the entrance of the restaurant hand in hand, when a man from the inside held the door open for us. He showed us to our table whilst handing us both a menu as we sat down. He smiled warmly before walking away, where I just looked at Simon in disbelief of how perfect this place was and he just grinned in return.

"I'd have been happy at Nando's you know, hell even maccies." I stated.
"Damn if I would've known that I could've saved ma P's then. Coulda said this earlier." He said whilst shaking his head and tutting, looking at his menu.
I laughed and followed suit, looking down at my menu, gasping slightly at the prices.

The waiter approached again and placed down a bottle of wine, then asked for our orders.

TIMESKIPPPP AGAIN MA DOODES.

We walked back out of the doors, giving a little thank you to the man at the door, receiving a smile in return. Once again, si held the door open for me and we both clambered in. But he didn't drive, he didn't even start the engine. He just looked over to me.

"I'm sorry for not saying anything earlier, you opened the door and I just lost control of my senses. I'm not trying to be soppy, I just didn't want you to think that you looked anything short of perfect so I thought it would be best to say something about it, so you weren't sat there overthinking it, because I know you would've been doing that, am I right? But thank you for coming." He breathed out, as if this has been sitting on his chest for the whole night.

I was shocked, I'd never been called perfect before, and it felt so genuine. I flashed him a huge smile, feeling the same as him when he opened the door, not having the words to reply. He understood and laughed at my awkwardness.

"It should be me thanking you for this night. I can't imagine anything better, not even maccies." I giggled whilst putting my seatbelt on. He stopped my hand when going to plug it in and held it. My eyes were swimming in his blue ones, feeling lost yet completely safe. He crashed his lips onto mine for a brief moment then pulled away, letting go of my hand. "I'm sorry, I should've asked I didn't mean to- " I shut him up by pushing my lips against his once more, feeling him smile into the kiss, making me giggle a little at his nervousness.