Chapter VII: Home.

For a moment, the girl and the mutant just stood there awkwardly, not knowing how to continue the conversation. In Raphael's mind, he felt a bit bad for the girl. Depression was no joke, and April with her jealous filled taunts did not seem to help matters. His thoughts were scattered when the (h/c) haired girl cleared her throat, looking over at Raphael with a smile that did not seem to reflect the pain in her eyes. "I..." She drifted off, tilting her head downward as strands of hair brushed her sickly face.

"You want to head home, huh? I don't blame you- it's been a hectic day," Raphael agreed, grabbing the ribbons of his tattered bandanna and twisting them between his fingers. A few rooms over, in the lab, he could hear Donatello trying to escape the grasp of April. Raph wasn't sure why she had even showed up on this particular day, with school, being an orphan, and working two part time jobs- you would think that she would not have enough time to heckle the confused purple masked nerd- and yet, here she was.

"Yeah. Yeah, I do," (Y/n) paused to chuckle dryly, wiping some stray tears from the corner of her eye that she hadn't noticed were spilling. "I just want to go under my bed covers, listen to really depressing music, and fall asleep..." Her voice drifted off as she started blankly at the wall ahead of her.

Raphael raised an imaginary eyebrow. Now, he was no Donatello, but he was sure that when she talked about falling asleep, she wasn't planning on waking up in the morning. Raph glanced nervously. at the door of the lab, rubbing the nape of his neck as his feet shifted side to side. He knew he shouldn't let her go home alone. He may have just met her, but something in him wanted to protect her. She was like Mikey, she had that sort of younger sibling feeling that made him want to hug her and tell her that everything was alright. She was so small, and looked as if she kept standing, she would collapse from the weight of the world that she seemed to carry on her shoulders.

Raphael sighed as he let his arms fall to his side, looking up at the ceiling. Why did this fall to him? Why was he supposed to be the one to escort her home and make sure she didn't do anything stupid along the way? Leonardo was the gentleman, Mikey was the one who could make her laugh, and Donnie was the one who had saved her. All he wanted was a drink. "Look- I should-" Raphael was cut off by a voice calling and a certain person falling down the stairs.

Raphael turned to see his brother, Donatello, sprawled on the floor, his limbs a tangled mess. He once again turned to glare at the ceiling, asking God why he had been given such a dork of a brother. He heard a snort come from behind him, only to see (Y/n) covering her mouth, her shoulders shaking, as tears, tears from holding in laughter, spilled down her cheeks. She couldn't help herself, as a sudden jolt of laughter escaped her lips and she hugged herself, laughing until she lost her breath. Raphael only rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. Turned out that (Y/n) was a pretty big dork herself.

Donatello stood up, a playful glare on his face as he rubbed his elbow, walking over to the two. "What happened to Ape?" Inquired the red masked turtle, (Y/n) wiping tears from her eyes as giggles escaped her mouth.

"I... May have tied her to a chair," Donnie answered sheepishly, giving his brother a half shrug.

"Kinky," Mused Raph as he suddenly nudged (Y/n) froward with one of his broad shoulders. She stumbled forward from the sudden push, huffing, her face still red from her laughter attack. It had been a while since she had laughed, really laughed, not just a snort of air from her nose. "Well, since you offered," Raph continued, clamping a hand on (Y/n)'s shoulders. "You can take (Y/n) home!"

Donatello opened his mouth, raising a finger to somehow make a excuse that the reason that he had tied April to a chair, and fallen down the stairs, possibly spraining his wrist, was not because he wanted to walk the new girl home. Raphael grinned at his brother, giving him a thumbs up as he ran off. "Bye (Y/n)!" Called the hot headed mutant, rushing into his room and slamming the door shut.