B.THE SEARCH BEGINS!

An hour later Joseph stood before his hotel room door. He took a few seconds to look around before proceeding to hold the knob.

The sound of a tired door filled the room as it swung open and the dark room seemed bothered by the sudden intrusion of light as the sound of the wind, low and cold blew ever so lightly.

He switched on his lights and checked the place to be sure there was no tampering with his documents that were plastered all over the walls taking no mind to the piles of clothes on the floor and day-old food on the bed. Taking a deep breath he closed the door and hoped that there were no uninvited guests hiding in the room as he wasn't in the mood for a fight especially on such a peaceful night.

It'd be bad for them if that was the case.

Looking at his surroundings he found himself missing the view he treated himself to earlier, a place where his mind could finally find relaxation and peace of mind before life hit him hard like the calm before the storm.

Undoing the first two buttons of his shirt, he got up and locked his door. "Back to work, Meroe'' he said silently as he removed his shoes.

With a modicum of comfort attained after closing his eyes for a few seconds, he walked over to the rooms' only chair and sat down before examining the papers he had pinned to the wall.

His eyebrows twitched as he struggled to keep his sleepy eyes awake, skimming over the various news articles he had collected. He had been researching for the past month and he knew he was finally close.
Grabbing a red apple from his fridge not far off he hummed as he chewed.

The documents in front of him, full of various names and places, were connected by a red string. Each string connecting each events to another based on a series of unexplainable incidents and attacks that had occurred in the past two months.

They spoke of cloud formations resembling that of a large man and sudden earthquakes in various locations amongst other weird happenings.

The news all reported the events as mere coincidence but it was obvious that these were all related and supernatural.

No doubt 'they' were behind the spooky occurrences that had spread like wildfire. However it was strange that they were acting so bizarre, almost unorganized it wasn't like them at all, even they were mostly discreet but now it seemed that was out the window.

''What are you planning?'' Joseph said as he gazed at the wall. He had to figure out the pattern to the attacks quickly as they had to be related in a way, he just had to figure out the puzzle.

A sudden unexplained knock that didn't come from the door shook Joseph out of his thoughts. Pausing a second in absolute silence, Joseph listened only to have the sound repeat again as it came from the walls.

"It's time." He said with reluctance before rolling his eyes and turning his body away from the wall where the sound came from. "Leave me alone."

Again the knock came, though much louder this time, and was followed up by a golden glowing beam that ran itself from the ground up as it created a door on the wall abruptly, the beam could've been mistaken for honey if one ignored the glow.

As the door completed it's shape several Egyptian hieroglyphics appeared glowing brightly around the surface of the door as they hummed with an eerie tone.

Slowly facing the wall as the golden door glowed brighter and brighter, engulfing the whole room in its radiance Joseph staggered back. The room shook as if falling victim to an earthquake and the light faded showing new symbols that dripped gold.

***

GOT ANY QUESTIONS?

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF JOSEPH?

ANY IDEAS ON WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW?

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, YOUR VIEWS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...

OH DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AS WELL❤️