EPISODE 3- RESOLVE

ALLAN: I woke up with a yawn and my eyes first saw the skies. Today it was blue with planetary bodies as if huge planets were orbiting Earth.

With a groan I rose my palm to my eyes and the view of the sky closed up as a wall covered up the oval window I forgot to close last night.

I rubbed my eyes and looked around, I groaned and reached for the marble golden statue of a cat sitting.

"What is today?" I asked, I prayed I didn't sleep on a school day especially after my recent adventure.

"The day of the Relaxation, the sixth Sunrise." the cat's mouth uttered. Seeing the golden statue talk was sometimes intimidating, especially with that deep gruff voice.

Saturday. Yes!

I jumped off bed and walked out of my room, I slowly opened my door hoping he wasn't around.

That wasn't likely, he'd be with the Queen.

I walked into the main room of the house, creeping as quietly as I could. Our house was relatively big not to mention the underground tubes or tunnels that led out of the royal homes.

Every royal had that tube in case there was a disaster. Of course, the people in the markets were unaware of this and most of the times they were sealed tightly unless in the case of emergencies.

Joseph decided to use that tunnel route as a cellar, a private place where he stored his research on the human world.

I had only been down to one of his basements when mum was alive but now I could care less.

He won't be down there today but just to be sure...

I traced my fingers on the wall next to me, along the lines of a particular hieroglyphic. The entire house had symbols on them, each symbol when touched upon did a task.

From surveillance to protection, to cooking, to wine. Every royals home was intelligent, a mind of its own to speak of.

Though I remembered mum liked to do things the hard way even when cooking.

"Eye if the eagle." I ordered the wall.

What followed was first, a bright glow following my finger and sand slowly floating out.

Of course, this wasn't ordinary sand, it was of magical origins and was used as a sort of radar for royals. Though it could only be used in the royals home.

The sand drifted towards me and I made an O sign with my hands.

The sand followed suit and clustered together forming the same shape.

Now looking through the circular floating sand I was able to see the whole house, like some type of magnifying glass that allowed one to see through walls.

I was treated to a view of several rooms in the house, dad's room, the bathroom, the storage room and as I faced the floor, I confirmed the large tubes were empty.

As predicted he wasn't around.

Yes!

I breathed a sigh of relief, facing that man this early would've been disastrous. Releasing my former stance, the sand quickly sucked itself back into the walls.

I noticed the floor was quite filthy, much like the Black Market.

The place hadn't been swept, of course, he didn't sweep, I was supposed to after all. I almost was unhappy that we were the only royals not using slaves.

I grinned, it didn't mean I couldn't use magic.

I clapped my hands and a broom floated out of a closet, the last magic Riv taught me certainly came in handy.

Mummies weren't new to magic though we weren't as fluent as elves or witches, all the same, it wasn't hard to do a simple levitation spell. Witches back in the day used to use brooms as transportation.

The magic I was performing was called 'FINJK'. The magic that infused into non-living things.

I swung my arms about and more brooms flew around sweeping the ceiling and floors "See, it's not that hard."

I spoke too soon as the brooms began to vibrate, slowly at first but then increased.

Did the spell Riv teach me backfire?

The cleaning equipment went into a frenzy and began speeding all over the room. I ducked low as a broom broke itself against a wall.

Are you kidding me?

The rest followed suits and glasses and plates broke explosively before sheer silence occupied the room. I slowly got up and looked at the damage that had significantly affected the place.

A loud sound behind me made me jump up a bit. A basket of fruits had fallen from a table spreading its contents all over.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me" I shouted at the little phoenix munching on a pineapple whole.

"ABU!" I said frustrated.

***

GOT ANY QUESTIONS?

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, YOUR VIEWS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...

OH DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AS WELL❤️