Chapter 1

Copyright© 2017 - 2018 by Pars001. All rights reserved.

Hello my name is Roger Gance and I am a dead man. Well I am if I can't figure a way out of this problem. You see I am a cybernetic/android programmer, creator. I recently found out what was being done with my creations so you might say I rebelled. That's when they sent one of my prototypes after me; one that they had been using for assassinations and a few general killings. 

My latest creation I had developed over the last fifteen years. A synthetic, humanoid, enlightened, inquisitive, living, android - Sheila as I called her was far beyond anything that had ever been done. She had a capability of movement faster than anything out there now. Her thought processes were almost as fast as the human brain. She was for lack of better words perfect, well to me. In the respect of the human race she was close, approaching, though not quite there.

I had just finished updating her servo motors in the arms and legs. She was faster than anything in the android world; I should have figured the military would want her. I had started putting her through her paces with all the brass watching. To say they were more than impressed would be a major understatement. They had hit me with a problem fifteen years ago that I had spent all this time working on. Give her and all androids emotions.

I remember telling the brass; sure, give me a few years I should have the start of a working program. How in the hell could I, one of the smartest people on earth been so damn stupid? Not once did I see what I was doing was wrong. I was a scientist I had no moral code of ethics, right? Like hell! Especially when the same creations I had spent most of my life making were turned on me.

So I had finished with Sheila's servo upgrades, she was faster and stronger. She made the prototypes I had created look like they were moving in slow motion. It was late, and I had just loaded the last part of the emotion program a huge arduous undertaking. With the servo upgrade finished I could finally work on this other request of the brass full time.

"Sheila? How are you feeling now?" I asked when I saw the last part of the program was installed. Oh I have to tell you I made her look like an actress I had seen. She had smooth skin, light blonde, brown hair, with blue eyes. I think the actress's name was Stone though I can't quite remember.

Shelia opened her eyes looking around then at me. "This unit finds it strange Doctor Gance. This unit can feel the air in the room. The micro-fiber filaments you covered this skin with are operating at ninety eight percent. This unit finds this well within allowable parameters. Adjusting sensors 'til they are at one hundred percent."

"Very good," I replied. "Test audio and optical sensors."

"Working ... now adjusting to optimal range. Linking servo motors. Now syncing all systems to positronic processing centers." It was perhaps another thirty minutes when Sheila turned her head toward me. "All systems maintaining one hundred percent."

"Excellent, now please access file program 001A through 999z. Integrate all files contained within. If you experience any difficulty, stop integration at once. Advise me as to the problem area that I may adjust for optimal loading of programs." I ordered her.

"Now accessing all files for integration. It will take approximately five hours, twenty two minutes, thirty three seconds to finish all files. Shall this unit alert you when they are complete Doctor Gance?" Sheila replied.

"Yes, that will prove satisfactory." I told her, little did I realize that this was the defining moment that everything changed.

It was almost five hours later when I received a message from the brass. They wanted Sheila as soon as I was done. They wanted her for testing, testing? All the tests would be complete she wouldn't need more testing. Calling up all ten of the prototypes I was shocked to see that two were active in other countries with orders to kill. Kill? They weren't made for that! I sent a destruct signal watching as the two sent to kill people exploded.