One shot 1: dont leave

(Slight Deckard x Gunmax don't ask why

And this is a bit of a spoiler for those who haven't watched the last episode)

Gunmax was sitting in the Deckard room. It was midnight and he could not fall asleep. He sat there staring at his pistol hoping it would be the next day already. Well, time wise it had already turned into the next day but he wanted to skip today. Why? Deckard was leaving with that alien to help his home regain their souls. They had lost it to the spiritual cleansing and Deckard volunteered to help reverse the effects.

There was a catch.

It could take years before his people could go back to before when the Galactic police interfered with their future. The spiritual cleansing as they called it was to get rid of evil and save the species from dooming itself.

Yuuta convinced them to leave Earth without the cleansing. But soon after every brave Police was volunteering to help the alien. The catch..

The catch was that when Deckard returned..

The humans he knows could possibly no longer be alive. Yuuta could be gone before he comes back. Gunmax wasn't okay with that and he was struggling to figure how Deckard was okay with it.

He knew he had a heart of gold but he was abandoning Yuuta. He was abandoning Gunmax and the others. "You're awake?" Gunmax heard a voice from the entrance. It was Deckard. "Hey Patoka" Gunmax tried to chuckle. "I'm just trying to clear my head from a nightmare" he lied.

Deckard walked to him. He leaned against a wall next to him while crossing his arms. "What kind of nightmare?" He asked already knowing what this was about. Gunmax cleated his through as he thought for an excuse. "It was like when we had that dream about being in a coma for half a year and we were all disbanded" he sighed.

"Except this time..it was only you who left, told everyone you had a great officer that could help everyone and left us" Gunmax had looked away from Deckard at this point. "What happened next?" Deckard asked. "Chaos. It seemed like the team was nothing without its leader. Yuuta...was nothing without you and...we never saw you again"

"You know, you and the others will always be the Brave Police you'll do fine" Deckard pressed an arm to Gunmax's shoulder. Gunmax stood up trying to get away from Deckard. "No! You're the Brave Police! Our AI's were built from yours!" Gunmax growled. "We all saw your moment with Yuuta when you gained your soul."

"And?" Deckard asked. "And!?" Gunmax growled and held himself back from hitting Deckard. "What about Yuuta!? What about the team!? We are nothing without you!" Deckard was surprised at how upset Gunmax was, he must've hidden it when they talked to Kapia. "You will do fine without me Yutta already understood that I want to help Kapia's people to-" "What about Earth!? You're the one always finding a way to get the job done! All we are are cones from your AI!"

Gunmax had been shaking now. "What if boss never sees you again..what if we never see you again..?"

"Gunmax.." Deckard sighed. "Promise me" Gunmax finally looked at him. "Promise me you'll come back when boss is still a kid."

"I can't do that" He sighed. "Get some rest Gunmax" Deckard stood and left the room leaving Gunmax alone again.

Early the next morning everyone waved Deckard off. Gunmax simply saluted and said nothing as he watched them leave. He looked to Yuuta who he knew was holding back tears. His best friend had just left him to help another planet. To Yuuta he might never return. To the others they'll possibly still be online to see him.

As soon as Deckard's soul was out of sight Gunmax walked away without saying anything. "Where are you going?" Power joe stopped him. "For a drive" Gunmax said not looking at the team and left.

On the road it felt lonely. It felt as if barely any humans were there. Gunmax was already missing Deckard even though he knew he would be back eventually. He stopped at a cliff and spent the rest of the day there. Watching the sun go down and listening to the crickets.

His gas tank was almost empty but he didn't care at the moment.

Past midnight he finally gave in to the hunger and drove back. He walked through the halls sulking. He sat on his deck again and drank for what he thought was the rest of the night.

The dream of Deckard not leaving had appeared in his helm. But it was Deckard's choice and he knew nothing could change his mind. As he started to fall asleep he felt a servo on his shoulder. "You're still awake?" Deckard's voice. Gunmax chuckles tiredly and pulled him into a hug. "You couldn't stay away could you?" He chuckled.

"Not forever" he said as Gunmax finally fell asleep. Deckard chuckled and carried him to the others. They needed rest and he would have a lot of explaining to do.