One shot 3: future

Everyone sat staring at the city. Ready to cry, scream. Anything.

"Remember when we were first created?" DrillBoy smiled, his voice matured. "Patoka..." Gunmax sighed. "He was the first, then we followed" his voice cracked.

"It's been seventy years.." Power-Joe rubbed his dented face. Dumpson smiled. "We've had our run" he chuckled. "The good times and the bad" Shadowmaru smiles remembering his brother.

Gunmax couldn't hold the tears. "Can't we activate him?"

"You heard him, he wants to be with..boss.." McCrane sighed as he pulled the green mech into a hug. "Eventually we'll have to follow after one day"

Gunmax sighed clearing his optics. "I remember the first time I met you all" he chuckled. "It was the best time

"Really? I remember Mister patrol officer being too good for us" PowerJoe laughed as he playfully took him into an arm lock. "Remember the giant panda?" McCrane laughed. "Laughs your girlfriend had to show you how to do it" Dumpson teased. "There was a giant panda?! And I missed it!?" Gunmax whined. Everyone looked at him confused and began laughing.

"I wonder what it was like for it just to be Deckard and Yutta" Duke said as he joined them on the cliff. "Must've been quiet and lonely" PowerJoe said as he looked down. Everything grew quiet.

"But hey.." DrillBoy paused while smiling. "At least he had us eventually right?"

They smiled. The memory of a young, twelve year old Yutta appeared. His sisters, his neighbors, the military, Regina, the Commissioner, Chief, everyone.

Those were the only people they opened up to. Those were the people they loved.

"Let's head back, it's getting late" Duke smiled as he began walking with the others following. Along the way they passed a statue of the team during their prime years. They smiled as Deckard was in the same pose as Yutta, smiling and ready for an adventure.

"Thank you.." Duke whispered to the statue.

"You were our friends and leaders" Drill boy said as he carefully pat Yutta's head.

"You helped us when we needed you the most" Dumpson smiles.

"There's no robot out there who can replace you" PowerJoe chuckled.

"You taught me everything I know now" McCrane put away his shot gun and smiled.

"I'll see you on the other side baby" Gunmax spoke in english.

Shadowmaru bowed before the statue. "We'll never forget you"

They looked at each other smiling.

"You're what made us family"