One shot 4: loneliness

I need to start writing about other characters...

So just enjoy this Shadowmaru x Gunmax)

Gunnar felt...scared. They were all scared

Half a year...that's all it took for the Brave police team to be replaced.

"You can go as you please" Yuuta smiled. Suddenly the team grinned. They were free from fighting. Free to do what they want.

'This has got to be a nightmare...' Gunmax told himself. As did the others. They could hardly believe they would one day have to stop fighting.

But it didn't take long before they were offered everything they ever wanted.

"That's a wrap people" a director called as Shadowmaru had gone through the final scene of his new movie. Where the main character gets the girl. Although the actress was human so the thought of kissing one made Shadowmaru uneasy. "I'm going for a walk" Shadowmaru told the director as he walked out not waiting for an answer.

It had been merely days and the team was scattered across the world. Well..most remained in japan. Drill boy left the country to join a soccer team, Gunmax went to America, Duke joined Regina in Britain. So that left Deckard, Shadowmaru, Powerjoe and McCrane in Japan.

The more everyone thought about it, the more they missed each other.

Gunmax wasn't enjoying much of the US. Sure he understood the language but he new little words. He was sitting on his bike, bored as his new partner showed off his uniform to some ladies. "Jack we should be getting-" he began before his partner gave him a look to go away. Gunmax growled then looked to the ladies. "He's nothing but a delivery boy of food I wouldn't waist my time on him" Gunmax chuckles before he sped off. He looked to the humans as the ladies walked away leaving his partner pouting and angry at Gunmax.

"Japan was better" Gunmax groaned and sped off to the dirt roads.

Although he missed his home he enjoyed the desserts. The bright sun warming every inch of metal, the roads with hardly any humans on them.

But he did miss the crowded streets, Yuuta checking in on them, Chief making sure the team didn't permanently offline, Saejima thinking of more robots, and Shadowmaru dropping in and out of the ceiling.

Shadowmaru. That was a bit who Gunmax found himself thinking about. They had much in common, like the need to be stubborn or alone.

Having someone who they had to fight who they can never see again..

They understand each other.

Just as Gunmax snapped out of it he saw a flash a purple crash into him. He got knocked off his bike and hit the ground hard.

"Ow.." Gunmax groaned as he held his helm and sat up. "What the hell was that?" He said and looked around. A groan from a half unconscious ninja could be heard. Gunmax stood and limped to him. "Shadowmaru?" He asked and helped him up. "Sorry Gunmax, I got distracted" Shadowmaru chuckled slightly. Gunmax waved his servo indicating it was fine. "I kinda got distracted myself" he smiled.

Gunmax stood up Gunbike and began walking with Shadowmaru. "What brings ninja boy to America?" Gunmax chuckled and got a smile from the mech. "I thought I'd come visit, i couldn't find the others in Japan but i knew you'd be here"

"You traveled that far just to see little ol' me?" Max teased while rising the urge to hug him. "I'm honored"

They continued to talk the next few hours. It landed them in the middle of the night sitting up on a cliff. "Do you miss it? Japan?" Shadowmaru finally spoke up after a few minutes of silence. Gunmax nodded. "I miss home..I miss the team"

"Then why did you leave?" Shadowmaru asked again while getting close to the green mech. "I don't know...why did you?" Gunmax turned the question on Shadowmaru. He looked surprised. "I thought life would be better..it isnt" he sighed. "Life without you.." he stopped himself and hugged his knees to his chest. "Life without me..?" Gunmax asked in confusion while hiding his blush. "N-never mind.." Shadowmaru said quickly and looked away.

Unable to do anything else Max leaned against Shadowmaru and sat there in silence. "Gunmax?" Shadowmaru asked. Max hummed in response as if asking 'what?'
"I missed you the most" Shadowmaru chuckled. Without another word Gunmax kisses Shadowmaru's cheek. "I missed ya too you ninja boy" he chuckled.