Chapter 2

Isabelle's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sound of my alarm wakes me up, and I'm in my room, I remember the scene of that night. The cries, the gunshot, and his eyes. My head hurts and I have to get ready for school,  and I have work later today.  

I got to school pretty early, not a lot of students are here. I start walking around to get to know the school well while walking, I wasn't careful enough, and I seem to bump into a wall. What caused me to freeze into place, was the deep chuckle of a guy.

'Funny, brick walls don't laugh.' I look up to find an amusing guy in front of me. 

"I didn't know girls got more clumsy." Ugh, by the way, he just said that I know right away he's arrogant. 

"No, you just seem to take up the whole damn hallway." I spat back, wow I'm amazing, but the look he gave me. He didn't really like what I said, "look here, I don't know who you are, but stay out of my way!" 

'Gees, who got his panty in a twist?' I just got up and walked away quickly, terrified of what he might do. I saw Juliette and her friends. "Hey, Isabelle!" Nate said, everyone turned and did the same. 

"Sweet Pea, I missed you yesterday!" Oh, Bryson, you never learn, do you? I shook my head but grin that at least they acknowledge me. "Isabelle, so how do you like Canterlot High so far?" 

"So far so good, but some guy decided to be a dick earlier today. He said to get out of  his way, like wow he got so mad." 

Everyone gave me a look of worry, "what's wrong guys?" 

"I think you've bumped into Jake Evans?" I didn't mind that I bumped into someone, but the name is what got me to get chills in my body. Jake was the name of the fling I had last summer, and he goes here? How did I not see him yesterday? Does he remember me? He looks so different, so much mature, what happened?

"Isabelle, Isabelle, Isabelle!" I went back to reality and everyone is so confused. 

"Is everything alright?" Jane asked.

'Yeah totally, because I didn't just bump into my summer fling just a while ago.' I didn't say that, but it's what I think, but I nodded in response. 

Before anyone can ask more questions, the bell rang. 'Wow, what irony.' Before further questions get asked, we all said goodbye and went to class. I forgot I have Calculus first and that was on the other side of the school.

Let's test my running skills huh?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later Today

*****************

Besides almost being late this morning everything has been good and I haven't bumped or seen Jake all day, which is a plus. At lunch, I hanged out with Juliette's group again, and I think we're friends now, that's good for me. 

When I got out of school I drove to work, it was my first day.

"Hey, Isabelle, ready for your first day?"Emma came to me with a sweet smile, "Yes Emma, I'm ready to work. What do I have to do?"

She hands me a small notepad and apron. "Today, you'll be taking orders." 

I start working right away, I have to prove myself I can be good at this job. I start taking orders from any new incomers. 

'Today should be good,' I thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later Today

*****************

My shift was almost over, I had to take one more order from a group of teenagers that just came in. I was on my way, but what got me pausing in place, and wished I didn't move here. Was the voice of someone saying his name.

"Hey Evans, isn't that the girl that called you fat?" Okay look, I didn't call him fat, I simply stated he was in my way. Evan turns his face and his eyes meet mine. I tried to pull away, but a job is a job, so it took all my strength to walk up to his table. 

"Good evening guys, can I take your order?" I smiled, but deep inside I'm shitting my pants off.

"We meet again, didn't I tell you to stay out of my way?" Oh hell no, I'm not going to take his bullshit while I'm working.

"Sorry to burst your bubbles, but you never said everywhere. I'm simply working, so either order or walk out, simple as that." I smirk with triumph; his whole face was beating red from the embarrassment, and his friends were laughing and just making it worse for him.

"I'll take a cheeseburger with a side of fries." Oh God, can this day get any better? 

After taking the rest of the table's order, I gave one more smirk at Jake and winked.

'Okay, where did this confident come from?' I shook my head as I smile.

I came back with their orders and left. "I saw what you did there Isabelle." I turned to see Mrs. Jenkins with a smirk on her face, "yeah I'm sorry, it's just he's being annoying and I'm just simply working." It's the truth, no lies no stretching the story.

"Don't worry, those boys are trouble." I smiled at Emma, and she went back to working.

After having them pay, I was ready to leave. "I'm sorry." I turned and I found Jake in front of me, I'm dumbfounded. "Excuse me?" I'm pretty much in utter shock. 

"Okay look, I'm not repeating it again, I just apologized for being a big jerk." I just nod, "Catch you later nerd." He winked and left.

'How many times do I have to say I'm not a nerd, I'm a bookworm!' 

I also just realized what happened, he did me dirty. He left me dumbfounded because I left him embarrassed. Little dirty rat! 

I gather my things, and bid my goodbyes, I went home and I so ready for sleep.

First day was a success.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note 

**************

How's everyone enjoying the book? What do you think? Leave a comment and star the book. Can't wait to here from you guys. Anyone want a Jake Pov? Well I hope you enjoyed today's chapter, we know we did. Sorry for keeping you waiting.  

Have a great day/night.

Love you #Jisabelles.