S1-Ep11: Wicked

She was standing in an empty corridor, her feet bare against the cold metal. She stared at the mirror in front of her, as if she felt the action could somehow change the reflection she saw there. What they were doing was wrong, wasn't it? The world was indeed an unforgiving place, but people were just as cruel.

With a trembling hand, she touched the mirror, then her face. It came back wet from the tears she didn't know had fallen. With a sudden, steely resolve she straitened and wiped the remaining tears away. She put on her fiercest expression and despite the pounding of her heart inside her ears, she whispered the familiar words: "Wicked is good."

---

Elizabeth gasped and meant to sit up, but a wave of dizziness hit her and she groaned instead. Blinking, she tried to figure out where she was. The taste of metal was on her tongue, but she wasn't sure why.

"You're up, then?" She startled at the voice and turned her head to see who it was.

"Gally! Where am I?" she demanded. Gally frowned. There was a streak of dirt on his face that she wished she could brush off.

"In your hut. Do you remember what happened?"

In my...hut. Oh. Elizabeth brought a hand to her head. The dull headache she felt before wasn't so harsh, now.

"Elizabeth," Gally's face was suddenly in front of her, "do you remember what happened?"

"Not really. I remember I was in the garden, and I remember Chris--" Gally cut her off.

"You're memory is obviously jacked. Chris wasn't anywhere near you."

"No, I wasn't done speaking. I mean I remember him calling me Liz and getting upset about it," Elizabeth clarified, raising an eyebrow at him. He raised his eyebrow back at her and she almost had to stifle a laugh.

"You must have been really upset. Don't' worry, nobody wants to call you 'Liz,' anyway. It's too close to 'Lizard.'" Gally turned around and grabbed the cup of water that Zart had given him for when she woke up.

"Here," he said, pushing the cup towards Elizabeth. She sat up slowly and took the cup from him, drowning the cool liquid in one gulp. Gally watched her carefully.

"So are you going to tell me what happened, or not?" Elizabeth asked. Gally frowned again.

"I wasn't there, so I don't know. When Zart comes back you can ask him."

"You don't know anything?" Elizabeth smiled and set the cup beside her on the bed.

Gally scoffed. At least she was starting to act like her old self again. "Look, all I know is you fainted in the cornfield or whatever. Zart came for help and we took you here."

"How long have I been out?"

"Not too long," Gally responded. Elizabeth gave him a look but he just shrugged. "I don't think it's even been an hour."

As he finished talking, the door burst open and Zart, Dalton, and Newt filed in. Dalton immediately went for Gally by grabbing him by the collar of his shirt.

"What'd you do to her, you shank?" he demanded. Elizabeth stood up and grabbed Dalton's arm.

"Stop, he didn't do anything!" she exclaimed.

Zart came around to her with another cup of water. "Are you okay, Elizabeth?"

Newt came to stand beside Elizabeth and Dalton released his hold on Gally. Elizabeth let go of his arm and then took the water from Zart.