Chapter Two

As Paige sees him, Michael is looking her in the eyes and she understands that he knows she saw him sitting there.

She realizes then that Michael Jackson would never let some judges choose his dancers for him, but he wants to watch without the dancers knowing he's there to see how they perform without the added pressure

Paige makes it through the first and second round with only four other girls and five guys remaining.

The judges then explain that although there were no special auditions, they have chosen one girl and one guy as the lead dancers. But Paige knows that this wasn't the only judges' decision - she saw Michael get up and join the judges as they went off to discuss the results.

At this, the back door opens and Michael makes his way through the middle aisle to the front of the stage.

"Hello, uh, as you just heard," he begins, "there are going to be two leads, both for the girls and for the guys. Which are you two," he says as he points one finger straight at Paige.

"Me?" Paige asks, astonished.

"Yes, you," Michael smiles, "Come on. I'm going to assign you both your songs and then you're going to choreograph your own team's routine."

Paige and the male lead follow Michael out to the hall and he assigns the song to the guy first.

"Good luck," Michael says to him as he goes to join his team.

Michael then turns to Paige. "And your song is going to be 'Dirty Diana'," he says as he smiles coyly and hands her a CD.

"Oh, I see what you did there. Give the girl's team that song, right?" Paige teases and Michael laughs.

"Precisely," he replies as he lays his hand on her arms, "I can't wait to see what you do with it." He smiles and winks before sauntering off.