18 | SHOCKING REVELATIONS

"There were several God-touched objects, but it never occurred to me that any had survived the Flood, let alone the twentieth century

"There were several God-touched objects, but it never occurred to me that any had survived the Flood, let alone the twentieth century."

Castiel stands in front of the board we have made with all the pictures and info on the Hand of God and the USS Bluefin. The Angel showed up soon after Dean called him and filled him in on our findings.

"Do you think we can use it against Amara?" Sam questions. The three of us sit at a large table. On the surface is a glowing blowed up version of the different continents and countries.

"It's perfect," Castiel says. "And I can get you back there," he says after a moment, sounding determined. I furrow my eyebrows. Now, I'm not saying I know Cas all that well, but there is something different about him now, something that wasn't there the last time I saw him. Before we went into the Cage. Before we had that fight with Lucifer. But I can't put my finger on it.

"Without wings?" Sam says. "Cas, you can't even teleport." The angel takes a few steps to the side.

"Time travel is a..." Cas begins. "It's a whole different system." Dean snaps his fingers and gives his brother a look across the table.

"Told ya," he says.

"So, uh, these the last coordinates?" Castiel asks, moving to stand in front of a different board. Dean nods.

"That's the Bluefin's last transmission to shore, yeah," he confirms.

"All right," Cas says. Sam holds a hand up, clearly not okay with the whole situation.

"Wait a second," he says. "Cas, aren't there still risks with time travel? I mean, aren't there consequences that—" From where I'm sitting, I'm pretty sure I see Cas roll his eyes. I squint, as if that will help me figure out what the problem is.

"Sam, this is the ideal scenario," Dean interrupts Sam, turning to face his brother.

"What?" Sam questions like Dean is crazy, still not convinced.

"That sub is a tin can floating in the middle of the ocean, doomed to go down," Dean says. "You can't really mess with history at twenty thousand leagues. We get in, get the weapon, get out. It's a milk run." He waves his hand in the air.

"No, that's not a very good plan," Sam says uneasily.

"Well, if things get out of hand, then Cas will just zap me right back," Dean says. Cas shrugs as if agreeing. Sam looks taken back.

"You?" He says. Dean doesn't say anything for a moment.

"You're not going," Dean tells him. Sam is looking at his brother like he's certain he didn't hear him right. Honestly, I'm not feeling good about Dean going by himself either.

"I beg your pardon?" Sam says, leaning forward across the table.

"You need to stay here," Dean says.