19 | TOP NOTCH WRESTLING

I stand in front of the mirror in my room with my fingers wrapped around the edge of the sink, gripping tightly as I try to figure out what it is that makes my vision shift from normal to however I was seeing earlier

It seems impossible to figure out the trigger. I have tried to get pissed and I didn't notice any changes. I made myself get sad by thinking about childhood memories. No changes. I've even made myself a little happy as I thought about the last time I saw my brother and still nothing happened. Now I'm getting a little frustrated.

My gaze flickers up to the small mirror planted on the wall above the sink. There I look into my own bright blue eyes, which have bags under them from lack of sleep. That's nothing new. Then my eyes drop to my neck, where there are still faint bruises in the shape of fingers pressing into my skin. Lucifer gave those to me yesterday.

Dean and Sam didn't say so and most likely never will, but I know they are heartbroken about finding out their best friend said yes to Lucifer possessing him. Apparently, Lucifer and Cas have been sharing housing ever since our fight with Lucifer a few weeks ago. Lucifer claimed that he was the only one who can defeat Amara, at which point Cas allowed him inside, in a desperate and stupid last attempt to save everyone. I haven't been able to really be acquainted with the angel, but I wish he didn't say yes, he seems like a nice dude. I would've loved to have been his friend.

My eyes flicker up to the mirror again and my eyes are blue, but something has definitely changed. My mind is cleared of any thoughts on the angel and I am nearly swept away by the sight of myself in the mirror.

    A ray of dark blue light is beneath the surface of my skin, like the red I saw in Lucifer. And my eyes are glowing blue, yet it's much different from an angel's eyes.

    I don't know what's going on with me, but I really need to find out. Soon.

    •••

    When I finally make my way out of my room, it's nearly one in the afternoon and the Winchesters are no where to be found.

    "Sam?" I call out after scanning the area and not finding them. I don't hear a reply. I furrow my eyebrows, that is until I see a piece of paper folded up on the table. I look around the room one last time before walking forward and snatching the paper up and opening it.

    Went to a funeral in Missouri. Be back tomorrow.

    -Sam

    I scowl at the vagueness of the letter and notice that one of the boys left their laptops on the table. I pull a chair out and sit down, opening the laptop. An article pops up about a death in Brimson, Missouri. A man who the article refers to as Larry "The Hangman" Lee. I furrow my eyebrows and scroll down, realizing that this man belonged to a group called Top Notch Wrestling.