Chapter 32

Aiden POV.

11:30 a.m.

As May and I drive in the car, we put on the radio and start singing at the top of our lungs.

We pull into a market and hop out of the car. We walk through the square and buy food to eat.

Everything seems natural to me. Everything is how it should be.

******

7:00 p.m.

May and I drive to Salt Lake. Once we arrive, we hop out and sit on the beach. May has the letter from Patrick in her hands.

"Okay so we need to figure out what to tell the government." May opens the letter and begins reading it.

"They want the Drift to be part of the nation, they want a part in the government, they want colors they want everything." May looks up shocked.

"What?" I ask. I am shocked too. They can't just go from nothing to everything.

"They want what everyone else has. And frankly, I see nothing wrong with that."

The zones earned their places here. The Drift just can't come in and take everything. But I am not going to argue with May about this.

I promised I would support her.

********

10:30 p.m.

It is time to go to the headquarters. May and I take one last look at Salt Lake.

"Come on we really should go," I say.

"I know..." says May sadly.

"Maybe we will come back some day,"

"Yeah. Let's just go."

******

By the time we reach the compound, it is pitch black with a few stars in the sky. I drive the car to our meeting spot. May and I get out and walk into the building.

There waiting for us is Ella, Adam, Mimi and Daniel. The girls are dressed in black long sleeve shirts and tight pants. The guys are dressed in the same outfit, but looser.

"Where is Jane?" asks May.

"She doesn't want to come. She doesn't want to back to the place where Jason was alive and happy. This is hard for her and she wants to build a life here." Ella says.

"All we can do is support her," adds Mimi.

I nod.

"Okay so do you have the information?" asks May.

They all nod.

"So whats the plan?" I ask.

Adam steps forward. "Okay so we are going to take one truck, that we have, to the government building. The girls have a map on the shortest distance to the building. But to get there we need to get past the gate. After you left, Marshall, May's brother came to talk to me. He told me you left and took his car. I had asked him what was in the car and he said some IDs. We could use a key to get back in. I know where all of the guards are stationed. It should take about 30 minutes to get there."

"Okay lets go." Says May confidently.

I follow everyone to the van. It is a pretty good size.

"Oh Aiden you should probably go get the IDs and stuff." Daniel says.

"Okay." I turn from the group and jog to the car.

Once i reach the car, I unlock it, grab the IDs and shut the door.