Chapter 34

May POV.

I look to see the huge building. It isn't tall but it is wide.

"Alright so we are going to go in without being noticed. We will have to take out a few guards but everything will be ok." Says Adam.

I look down at the gun in my hands. I don't want to shoot it.

The others have already moved a head. Except for Aiden.

"Ready?" asks Aiden.

"I guess so." Aiden pulls me in and wraps his arms around me.

"I will protect you the best I can." He promises.

But we both know he can't keep that.

"Aiden I can't be protected. Just keep yourself alive and then I will do the same. Let's go." I turn and jog to catch up with the others before he answers.

We are crossing the street, wearing all black, and armed. If someone saw us, they would shoot.

Adams says, "alright we are going in. Daniel, Aiden, and myself are going to surround you girls. Get to the air vent and we will shoot down any guard. Let's go."

Aiden protectively stands close to me and we enter the building. The door we took was a side door. It lead into a corridor.

Adam, Daniel, and Aiden held up their weapons as we moved down the hallway.

Suddenly a guard came into view with his gun pointed.

"Stop. Drop your weapons." Ordered the guard.

Daniel shot. The guard fell lifeless.

Immediately after, an alarm went off, "INTRUDER, INTRUDER, INTRUDER . . ."

I whip around and look at Aiden. He looks nervous, but then sees my frightened face. His face immediately hardened and he raised his gun with a protective arm around me.

I heard Adam shout, "Get to the vent!"

I saw the guards come into view. There were tons of them. Ella turned towards me, her face streaked with tears.

I grabbed her by the shoulders and said,"just get to the vent."

She nodded and turned back around. The guys formed a circle around us. I looked around.

Adam was shouting something but I couldn't hear.

The guards started attacking. Shots were fired and I ducked. I am nervous.

Daniel's body fell onto the ground. I heard Mimi scream. She dropped to

The ground and hugged Daniel and screamed again. The protective circle was broken and the guards were getting closer.

The guards had Aiden and Adam back to back fighting.

A guard came up to us with his gun pointed and said, "We are taking you captive-"

The guard cut himself off. His eyes were on the gun in my hands.

He looked up. His face had a hard expression. "Hand over your weapon."

I narrowed my eyes at him and tossed my weapon on the ground. He bent to pick it up.

I then kneed him hard in the gut. He came right up and swung to punch me, but I ducked and punched him in the gut.

I yelled, "Ella! Mimi! Go!"

I don't know if they ran or what happened to them.

The guard came up and punched me square in the face. I stumbled backwards. He then kicked me in the gut and I hunched over and moaned.